Chapter 36

"Morning Ms.Beauchamp." Max smiled, "Mrs.Masters actually." She smiled as she continued her journey into the ED, Max watched confused as Jacob came over to him, "Masters?" He arched his eyebrow, "We didn't get married if that's what you are asking... she just changed her name." He smiled "Are you alright with that?" "Alright?! I'm more than Alright." He smiled Max chuckled, "Wait till that's around the hospital." "Don't worry we already know." Connie peered her head around "Does anyone actually do work around here?" She teased, Jacob smirked as Max jumped up "Sor-" "It was a joke Max." Connie looked "Idiot." Jacob added. Max glared at the two "I don't like this... you two. You are too good for eachother... also I will get you back." He smiled sarcastically as he walked past Connie, leaving the pair laughing. Jacob came over wrapping her up in his arms, "You ready to tell everyone Mrs.Masters." He smirked, "Hmmm.... it still sounds weird. But a good weird at that." She smiled "Yeah it is." He smiled as he kissed her.

They gathered most of the team up, today was a good day to tell everyone as Elle wasn't in till later. "So what's this meeting about Ms.B" Robyn called from her seat at the staff room table, "Well that's exactly what it is about." She smiled, Robyn looked confused along with most of the team. "Ms.B Ms.Beauchamp and whatever else there is with that involved, I shall not be called anymore." "So we can call you Connie?" Alicia inquired "No. Never in work anyway... it's Mrs.Masters." She smiled "Did you get married?" Charlie frowned, "No. You would know if I did I just changed my name." She smiled, "The ring?" He arched his eyebrow "I guess you could call it a promise ring I don't even know but I just don't want the whole marriage thing-" "Basically, she wants everything about marriage apart from the marriage itself." Jacob intervened. "Now back to work before Dr. Gardner gets here." Connie snipped, they all nodded and disbanded around the hospital.

"Well I think that went well." Jacob smiled, "Yeah." She smiled "Now work Masters." He smirked "Woah Woah Woah. Don't think because I'm no longer a Beauchamp I'm still not the boss." She smiled sweetly, "We will see about that one." He smirked kissing her head gently before walking out to work, closely followed by Connie.

Connie was hardly ever in resus these past few months, which she wasn't to fussed about "Jacob with me." Connie smiled as she walked into a cubical, Jacob joined her. It was a young boy lay on the bed, looked no older than Grace. His brother who looked to be in high school sat in the chair while his mother was being treated in resus.  "Hello." Connie smiled at the boy in the bed, "Could you tell me your name?" The boy shook his head, Jacob looked at the brother "James... his names James." Connie nodded "Yours?" "Kyle." "Is there anyone we can phone?" Jacob smiled, kyle shook his head. "Alright James, My names Mrs.Masters and this is Staff Nurse Masters but, you can call him Jacob." He nodded, "And you can call her Connie." Jacob smiled, she stuck her tonge out at him making both boys laugh. "James can you tell me how old you are?" "Four." He spoke in nothing but a whisper, Connie nodded "Kyle?" "Eleven." Kyle replied. "Do we have a surname?" "Anderson." Connie nodded as Jacob went to search for their notes.

"Do you remember what happened?" Connie looked, James shook his head. "Will my mum be okay?" Kyle looked, "Course she will." Connie smiled trying to calm the boy, he nodded and looked as Jacob came back "Here we are James Anderson." He paused as he read the file, Connie raised and eyebrow as he passed her the file. She quickly skimmed it, "Oh..." She sighed. "Yeah... he got diagnosed a year ago with it... Autism I mean." Kyle looked "It's not a problem, we just need to keep things relatively quiet and calm." Connie smiled, Kyle nodded. The pair treated the boy easily, both not noticing the boys mother being wheeled in. "So what else do you know about Dinosaurs?" Jacob smiled at James "Well The longest dinosaur was Seismosaurus, which measured over 40 metres, as long as five double-decker buses. It was related to diplodocus. And The speediest dinosaurs were the ostrich mimic ornithomimids, such as Dromiceiomimus, which could probably run at speeds of up to 60 kilometres per hour-" "James I think the doctors and nurses have heard quite enough about the Dinosaurs." Their mother laughed, "Mum!" Both the boys smiled, "Were they okay?" The woman looked at Jacob and Connie, "Yeah... Oh he's broken his leg and a nasty cut to the head which was glued but other than that he is fine." Connie smiled "Thank you..." the woman scanned for a name "Mrs. Masters." Connie smiled "ah well thank you Mrs. Masters and... Nurse Mast- Oh." She smiled, "Well thank you." She added "No problem." Connie smiled walking out the cubical.

She was filling in some patient notes when she felt a pair of hands snake around her waist and settle on her bump "Jacob what do you want?" She sighed "Oh hey Jacob love you, yeah love you too Connie." He laughed, she shook her head "You know I love you." "I know... Anyway is it a crime to hug you now?" "No course not but, we will be killed if Elle sees." "So." He laughed as he removed the pen from her hand and turned her to face him "Jacob Masters I have work to be doing." "Connie Masters you need to chill out." He smiled, she rolled her eyes "Jacob what is it?" "Nothing." He smiled. She tiptoed up to reach his lips "I thought you had work?" He smirked "Shut up." She laughed kissing him. "Ms.Beauchamp work please Jacob you too." Elle looked, Connie ignored and kissed him again "I said work!" Connie looked at her "Call me by my name and I might have responed." Connie smiled, "Ms. Beauchamp work." Elle glared, Connie sighed and kissed Jacob again "Sweetcheeks what's are you playing at?" He whispered "Well mine name is Master I have no clue who Beauchamp is." She smirked still whispering. He laughed at her. "Ms.Beau-" "Mrs. Masters actually." She looked "Also our shift finished about three minutes ago." Connie added as she walked off. "What does she mean?" Elle looked at Jacob "Her name. It's Mrs.Masters." He smirked as he followed Connie.

They both got in the car to go home, "So Muscles what shall we do tomorrow?" Connie smiled "Anything." "Well we could go shopping... not for me for Ivie." Connie smiled "Sound like a plan... as long as me and Firecracker get some pool time." He laughed as he drove them both home