Chapter 14

"Grace, put your shoes on." Connie looked at her, "No." "Grace, you have to stop doing this just because Jacob has to work." Connie sighed "Well I wanted to see him!" "I did too but, you need to go to school." Grace sighed putting her shoes on, Connie stood waiting. Her phone rang,
"Hello."
"Hey, sweetcheeks how is your morning going?"
"Brilliant." She spoke sarcastically
"Let me speak to her."
Connie passed the phone over to Grace
"Hey Firecracker."
"Jacob!" She squeeled
"Are you behaving? Because remember I'll be back later and I don't want your mummy mad shouting at me in work." He laughed
"Okay. But, I just wanted to see you."
"I know but, I'll be back later."
"Okay. Bye Jacob."
"Bye Firecracker."
Grace passed the phone back to her mum while she stood waiting
"I'll talk to you when I come in. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and I don't want to keep her waiting." Connie stuck her tongue out at Grace
He heard them laughing he smiled and put the phone down.

Connie took Grace to school and drove to work, in a slightly happier mood than she thought she would be. She walked into the department, her eyes scanned for him but she couldn't see him, she continued to her office. She walked in placing her things down when she noticed a card on her desk, she looked at it and opened it.
You think you will be happy with him forever. Next joke you love me not that guy.

She threw it down and walked out her office, Jacob was over with a patient. He frowned as she came over "I didn't ask for a doctor." He looked confused, "Um... Can... can you come with me a second." She stammered. He called Robyn over to finish up. He followed her noticing she was shook up, she walked up to the on call room making him even more confused.

She pulled him on to the bed and curled up to him, "Sweetcheeks?" He watched as the few tears slipped down her face, "He hasn't gone away... he won't leave me alone Jacob. He's watching." She sobbed, he held her closely as she cried into his chest. He kissed the top of her head, "I'm going to keep you safe no matter what." He added, she stayed there "God look at me crying over a stupid card he left, you're probably sick of seeing me cry." Jacob shook his head "No. And he's been here?" "Well if not someone put that card there." She sighed, Jacob sat up "I'll kill him." Connie grabbed his arm "Who? Jacob no you won't." She panicked, "Trust me, I will." "Who Jacob?!" "His brother. He was in your office earlier and the only person who has links to him." "Jacob please just leave it." "He's not getting away with it Connie I'm sorry." She sighed "Maybe you were the wrong person to talk to about this." She went to walk out.

"What do you mean?" She turned to look at him "I don't want all the shouting, I just want you to be here. I down care who put it there. I just want you not to lose it and just confort me but instead you flip out!" He sighed, "Sorry, it's just I  can't stand the fact he is doing this to you." She came and sat on his lap, "Me either but, you losing it will only make things worse." He nodded "I know." They lay in an embrace for a while before a knock occurred on the door. "I know you are in there but, it's getting quite busy and we need you." Charlie spoke before leaving again.

They worked for the rest of their shift, barley passing eachother as they were constantly with a patients. Connie looked over at Jacob noticing he was ready to leave, she went back to her office and grabbed her things before returning to him. He smiled taking her hand as they left the ED.

"Right. You do understand she is happy and I don't even know why I did this for you in the first place." Ethan sighed "Because your my younger brother." Cal slurred "No! Leave holby before I report you myself." Both Connie and Jacob looked at eachother, she noticed the look on his face "No. Home." She looked at him, he nodded keeping cool for her and climbing into the car as did she. The drive home was silent, Connie gazed out the window as Jacob drove.

She got out the car and collected Grace who she helped in the car. "Good day Firecracker?" "Yep!" "Good." Grace looked around as the car moved.

Grace ran into her room as usual, Connie went to change. Jacob sighed and followed her "Are we going to be like this? Or are we going to talk?" "About what?" She sighed as she removed her top, looking at herself in the mirror. She stared that the few scars and bruises that remained. He came over and wrapped his arms around her waist, "About why you are mad with me." "I'm not mad... I'm just annoyed that he won't leave." He kissed her shoulder, she smiled as he did. "So you aren't mad?" He questioned again "No. I just don't like it when you lose it, I know it's because you care. But I don't want you getting hurt, I need you here." She pulled the T-shirt on, "I am Sorry." "I know." She smiled.

Grace came in, "I forgot to say, I got a Wow start today because I helped clean up. If I get ten I get a prise." Jacob picked her up and tickled her making her giggle. Connie smiled watching the pair, "Mummy!... help me." She giggled, "Sorry but, I can't do that." She laughed walking out. Jacob continued to tickle Grace. Connie came back in with a glass of water, she poured it over Jacobs head, he stopped and looked at Connie who stood laughing along with Grace, "Beauchamp you best run." He glared playfully, she quickly placed the glass down and ran, he quickly followed after her. Grace walked back to her room giggling. He grabbed her by the waist and flung her around before kissing her she laughed. "You are so lucky I love you." He smiled, "I know." She smirked before kissing him again.