Chapter 16

"Mummy, are you going to be okay?" Grace looked as Jacob helped her into the bed, "Course I am baby." Connie winced as she lay down, he looked at her. He knew she would be a hard patient but her coming home less that 48hours after the surgery was not what he expected. Grace came and lay next to her mum, Jacob stood looked at her. "What?" She looked "Are you in pain?" "A little but, I'll be fine." She forced a smile. He walked out to grab her painkillers she could take, he brought them through along with a glass of water. She smiled before carefully taking them, "I'm going to play in my room quietly so you can sleep." Grace smiled climbing off the bed, they both watched her leave.

Jacob got in next to her, "Jacob you have work." She frowned, "Not now sweetcheeks." He smiled grabbing her hand, she looked to the window letting out a little sigh, "Con?" She looked back "It's nothing important." "Connie it is." She sighed before speaking "It's just... he followed me all day. He followed me from here, what if he would have got me on my own... what if it was Grace." He moved closer to her, "I know sweetcheeks, but he didn't luckily." She nodded and moved her head so it rested on his torso, he ran his hand through her hair, "What else is it?" He raised an eyebrow, "noth-" "Tell me." He frowned. There was a pause. "I'm scared Jacob... he knows where I am. He knows where Grace is he knows where we are." He nodded "I'm know... we could move." "We shouldn't have too." She snapped, he sighed "But you feel unsafe and that's all I want." She looked at him, "I know. I'm sorry for shouting, I just hate this." "Me too sweetcheeks."

Grace walked in "Mummy..." "Yes." Connie replied as Grace climbed on the bed "Why are you shouting? Are you mad with Jacob? I don't want you to fall out." She looked at her mum, "No course I'm not mad baby." She smiled, "So why was you shouting?" "Firecracker, how about we go and get some food out the kitchen while mummy picks a film?" Jacob smiled, Grace shook her head, "You get the food, I pick the film." Both Connie and Jacob laughed "Deal." Connie smiled.

They settled on The Smurfs 2, Grace lay in between her mother and Jacob. Halfway through Connie looked over, she smiled at the sight before her. Jacob had both arms around Grace, as the pair slept. She turned the tv off and pulled her phone off Charge. She looked back to the pair smiling before  calling 101, to report Cal. Jacob stirred as he heard her, she put the phone down not knowing he heard. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, she looked back to them. Jacob smiled at her, Connie smiled back, he looked down at Grace who lay peacefully asleep. He carefully carried her to her own room before rejoining Connie.

He put his arm around her, "You should have woke Me." "You heard?" "Yeah." He looked "I just didn't see the point." She smiled, he kissed her head "When they coming." "Soon." She sighed, "If you don't want them to then we can send them away." She shook her head, "You won't leave me will you?" "No course not." He smiled, "I mean, you aren't going to leave me and Grace." "Now why would I do something stupid like that?" He smiled, "I'm not perfect... not like everyone thinks Jacob-" "Connie I know I live with you. I'd be the biggest idiot ever to leave you." She nodded, he smiled and kissed her gently. "I love you Muscles." "I love you too Sweetcheeks." He smiled, Jacob helped Connie into the living room ready for when they arrived. Not long after there was a knock on the door, Jacob answered."

After they got all the information needed they left the pair, "I'm so proud of you." He smiled, she smiled back. He kissed her as Grace walked in rubbing her eyes. She smiled at them as they haddn't noticed her walk in, she carefully got on the couch, Connie smiled at her. "I don't rem going to my room." She sighed, "You didn't Firecracker." Jacob smiled. She nodded still half asleep, "Can we have pizza?" Grace looked at her mum and Jacob, "I don't see why not." Connie smiled, Grace looked at Jacob. "Can I really say no?" Grace shook her head, "Well then, Pizza it is." He laughed. Jacob went to grab a menu, "Mummy, who was it that hurt you?" Grace asked innocently, "I don't know." Connie lied, Grace nodded, "But you will be okay?" She looked at her mum "Course." Connie smiled, "And we are staying with Jacob?" "Yes." She smiled again, Grace smiled back. "Mummy, I love you lots." "But I love you more." Connie smiled.

They ordered the food, Grace went into her room to play for a while. "You okay?" Jacob looked at Connie "Yeah, are you?" She looked back "Yeah." He smiled "Good." She added, the doorbell rang. Jacob grabbed the pizzas when a woman walked through the door, in scrubs from holby. He stared at her, "Hey... is something wrong?" She frowned "Oh no sorry, your the new consultant right?" He questioned, "Yeah how do you know?" "Oh I work there... you saved my girlfriend. Ms.Beauchamp." the woman nodded "Well I best get back to my bed." He nodded "Yeah sorry." He smiled  the woman walked off up the stairs. He frowned and continued to the flat.

The three ate and watched tv. Connie's phone rang, she listened to them for a while. Jacob watched her. She ended the phone called and looked and Jacob with a faint smile, "Um... he's in custody." Connie smile became bigger, he smiled back "Thats a start." She nodded "I just hope he doesn't maker it any harder. About before... a house together would be nice." She smiled, "Hmmm... it would indeed."