Chapter 21

"Jacob!" Connie squeeled as he held her over his shoulder, while Grace sat laughing. "Put me down!" "You sure?" He winked at Grace, "Yes I'm sure!" She yelled, he walked to the pool "Sorry Sweetcheeks." He laughed dropping her in it, she screamed "Jacob Masters!" "Connie Beauchamp!" He mimicked, Grace ran in laughing. Connie brushed he wet hair back with her hand before  climbing out, "Jacob come here." She smiled, he looked at her "Why?" Before he knew it she had hugged him transferring water on his clothes, "You did that in purpose." He frowned, "Yes." She smirked, he shook his head and kissed her. "I suppose I was asking for it." "Yeah you were." She smiled. Grace looked up at them "Can we have pizza for tea?" She smiled, "We will see." Connie smiled as Grace went up to her room. Jacob frowned "You turn down pizza?" "Me no... pregnant me yes." She sighed, he looked down seeing her face he couldn't help but, let a laugh escape his lips. She pulled a face only making him laughed harder, which in turn made her laugh too.

They sat on the sofa watching tv, "You excited for tomorrow?" Connie smiled, "Course I am." He smiled. Connie looked back to the tv, "You?" He added "Me, yeah course but, I just get nervous." She smiled, Jacob nodded, "We haven't spoke about work." Jacob looked at her, "What about work?" She looked back, "Are we going to tell them?" He smiled, "Well I kind of told Elliott so is it even a question." She smiled, "Yes. Elliott and Charlie are like you family of course you are going to tell them-" "You need someone you can talk to." She looked at him, "I have you." "No, someone who isn't here all the time." He pulled her in his lap, "I know but, I just don't want people speaking about you. Us like how they do." He sighed, "Jacob I'm not going to be slim forever." She laughed, "No. I know but, do we have to do the whole announcement thing." He smiled, "Not if you don't want too but, I am going to be a hormonal mess." He laughed. She stared at him "You do want this right?" "Connie don't ask me that of course I do." She smiled and kissed him.

-------------
Next day

"Grace come on we are going to be let for school!" Connie called up the stairs, Grace came racing now, Connie looked at her and grabbed a baby wipe removing the toothpaste around her mouth. "Why are we rushing?" Grace sighed "Because it took you half an hour to pick your clips, Now come on to the car." Connie laughed as she opened the front door. "Will you tell Jacob that I said good morning and that I love him." She smiled as connie helped her in the car, "Yes, I promise." Connie smiled.

After dropping Grace off Connie strolled in the ED, "Ms.Beauchamp, your shift doesn't start for another two hours." Noel looked, "I know, head start on paperwork." She lied as her eyes scanned for Jacob. She walked to her office, where Jacob sat waiting. She smiled as he stood up "Woah Woah Beauchamp, that's not happening." He smiled removing the coffee cup from her hands, "Um yes it is... decafe." She smirked taking it back, "Now I've got strict instructions to tell you, Good morning and that She loves you." Connie added, he smiled as she removed her coat and placed her bag down. "What times the you know what?" "Ten." She replied, "Connie it's nine." He looked at her, "I know." She smiled as she sat at her desk, "So why are you in so early?" "A few things I need to do." She smiled turning the computer on, he burrowed his eyebrows before coming to stand behind her desk, she lent back as he moved his arms around her and the chair. "What things?" He questioned, "Well... I'm going to need a lot more free time not just because of that but, I need more time with you and Grace. Not being worried about paperwork and Hanssen so, I'm resigning as clinical lead." She smiled looking up at him, he smiled and kissed her both unaware of Charlie stood in the door way. He forced a cough, "Did I hear you say resign as clinical lead?" Charlie looked, "Yes you did." She smiled, "Alright, Um Jacob can I borrow you for a few minutes." He smiled, Jacob nodded watching Charlie begin to walk away. He kissed her again "I'll be back." He smiled, she wrote her resignation while she waited.

Connie sighed as she looked around the waiting room. She sat down along with Jacob, "Hey Sweetcheeks, think any of them work?" He whispered, she chuckled "I don't think half of them are old enough to." She whispered back, both earning glares from people as they laughed. "Anyway..." She looked at him "Anyway." He mimicked as he looked at her, "We need a nickname." He frowned "What?" "Well im not just going to come out and say oh you know the baby." She laughed,"Oh..." He smiled "Yeah. I was thinking bug." She smiled "Bug?" He raised an eyebrow, "Yes." "Alright." He smiled she smiled back. He noticed her hands shaking, "Is that how nervous you are?" She nodded and took his hand, he smiled "It will be okay." She nodded "I just get nervous." She smiled as her name was called.

The came out with a few pictures and smiling. She smiled up at him, "Told you it would be okay." He smirked, "Shut up." She laughed as she kissed him, he moved an arm around her as they walked, "It's a Beauchamp Masters, of course bug will be fine." He smiled, she smiled back at him as they strolled back to the ED. They walked past Charlie, "Can I have a word in my office." She smiled at him, he looked at her confused and nodded following them to her office. Connie looked at Jacob, who nodded and left the office making sure he shut the door. "Connie?" Charlie frowned as she lent against her desk, "Charlie." She smiled, "What is this about?" She laughed and looked in her bag handing him a photo. He studied it for a second before looking back to her and smiling, he hugged her "Congratulations." He smiled, "Thank you, Grandad." She laughed. "Oh can this be between Us and Elliot. Jacob doesn't want the whole announcement thing and I we don't want the gossip." She added, "Yeah but you do realise when that belly grows the gossip will begin." He raised his eyebrow, she nodded "Then when people ask, they will get answer." She smiled, he nodded and hugged her again "I'm so happy for both of you."

----------------

"How was school baby?" Connie asked as Jacob and Grace strolled through the front door, "Good." She smiled "But Jacob said that you have a surprise for me but, he won't tell me." She sighed Connie and Jacob smiled at eachother, "Well come and sit down." Connie looked at her, both joined Connie on the sofa. Grace looked at them smiling, "Well remember when you said will I have another baby with Jacob?" Grace nodded then looked at her mum "Are you having a baby?!" She beamed, Jacob and Connie laughed, "Yes." Connie smiled, Grace squeeled and threw herself at the pair. They hugged her tight, "How long till I can see it?" She looked at them, "Well it's in your Mummy's tummy right now." Jacob smiled, Grace looked at her Mums stomach, "In there?" She pulled a face, Connie nodded "But you can't tell." She looked again, Connie smiled "You can see a picture if you like." Connie looked at her, "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Jacob got a photo and passed it to Grace who stared at it, "It doesn't look like a baby Mummy." She sighed, "It will eventually." Jacob smiled, Grace nodded and kissed her Mums stomach, "I can't wait to see you!" She spoke to it making both Jacob and Connie smile. Grace sat up "Can I phone daddy?!" Connie looked at Jacob, "Um..." Jacob nodded "I don't mind him knowing." "Okay." Connie smiled handing her the phone. Grace ran upstairs. "It's not about him knowing as much, just the other night." "It's know but she wants to." He smiled as he pulled her into a embrace.

"Grace?" Sam questioned
"Daddy! Mummy and Jacob are having a baby!" She squeeled
"Oh."
"It's going to be the best big sister ever! I can't wait daddy! Do you think I'll be good?"
"Yeah I-"
"I'm so excited daddy. It's going to be the best, as long as Jacob and mummy still love me but mummy promised me so I know they will."
"Good."
"Bye daddy! I'm going in the pool."
"The pool?"
"Yeah, we moved to a house and it has a pool anyway Bye daddy!"
Grace ended the call and changed before coming back down.She gave the phone back to her mum and went into the pool. Connie looked at her phone, Connie, congratulations I guess but, please stop calling me. It upsets me hearing her so happy- Sam Connie sighed, Sorry Sam but she really wanted to I'll stop her but don't try walking back into her life again.

Connie got changed and joined the pair in the pool.