Chapter 13

"Hey you." Connie smiled as she walked over to the nurses station, "Hey." He smiled instantly looking up from the work infront of him, "How has your shift been?" "Busy as per usual." He laughed, she tried to stay professional. "How was Firecracker this morning?" "Oh you know, sad that you wasn't there but, then I told her you stink and I'm better." She smirked before biting her lip to hide it, "Oh do I now? What did she say?" He chuckled "That I'm wrong obviously." She smiled. He took her hands "How were you without me?" "Perfectly fine." She teased "Oh I'm sure you were." He nodded, "So do I get a kiss yet or not?" Connie frowned, "I thought I stink." "Shut up." She laughed before kissing him, Charlie walked past and smiled at the pair before continuing on with work. "Sweetcheeks we need to work." "But I can't, when you keep teasing me." She whined "I know looks like these it must be hard." She shook her head and kissed him again before tapping his cheek "Off you go staff Nurse Masters." She smirked, he nodded and took a file before walking off to a cubical.

"Aren't you lucky." The patient looked at Jacob, "Pardon?" "A girl like her mate, you are blessed I'd give her one." The man replied, Jacob became enraged "Who do you think you are?!" Connie heard and came over "Jacob?" She haddn't noticed the patient, "It's fine don't worry." "No what's wrong, this isn't work me. I genuinely want to know." She looked at him, "Just this guy thinks he can talk about you." Connie looked at the man on the bed and rolled her eyes with a sigh "Spence when will you ever learn to keep you mouth shut?" "I don't know but, your queen of cardiothoracics and you are down on the ED." Michale looked at her, "You're a plastic surgeon, who I remember went back to America and look you end up in the ED." She replied, "Alright calm it. Anyway Where's Sam?" "America not my problem." "Never was, how's the little one?" "Michael just stop this bed could be being used." She rolled her eyes "Jacob with me." She smiled. He nodded and followed, she took the notes "Charlie could you deal with cubical three... it's Michale Spence." He nodded and walked away swiftly. Connie led Jacob to her office.

"You and him?" He raised an eyebrow, "No! God no, Michael is shall we say a ladies man and will try with anything that Is female and has a heartbeat. Although, he can be less arrogant when you get to know him." Jacob nodded, "How do you know Eachother?" "We worked on Darwin up until he left a year ago, then I came down to work down here a few months after." Jacob nodded and smiled, "Why did you take me away?" "Because you were yelling and I didn't want you to do something stupid and lose your job." She came and hugged him, "I also wanted actually see you for longer than five seconds." He smiled and cupped her cheeks before kissing her, it became slightly heated but, both pulled away when a knock came through the door. "I honestly need to get a sign." She looked, he laughed.

"Ms.Beauchamp I can hear you in there." Hanssen called, Connie sighed before sitting at her desk, "Come in." She called as she winked a Jacob, "Staff Nurse Masters, I do not appreciate that behaviour in my ED." She looked at him, "Sorry but, he asked for it." "How exactly?" "He's degrading to women." He tried to hide his smile, "Out of my sight Staff Nurse Masters, I don't expect to hear one bad word about you for the rest of the day." He bit his lip as he walked out. "What can I do for you?" "A new consultant will be starting tomorrow." "What new consultant?" "The one I hired, Goodbye Ms.Beauchamp."

Zoe walked in sensing Connie's mood, "You okay?" "Not really, Michael Spence is over in cubical three causing trouble as always, Hanssen hired a new consultant and chooses to tell me the day before, oh and Sam is on my case about Grace yelling at him and not wanting to speak to him, then Jacob blames himself oh and I have a department to run." Zoe looked at her, "Where's our clinical lead gone what did they do with her." Connie laughed a little, "I think my priorities changed and kissing mens arses just to get nearly as equal as men do, paperwork is just ridiculous. Hanssen is getting worse by the minute, I just don't think this area, clinical lead, is where I want to be." Zoe continued to stare "Honestly where is Connie?" "I don't know anymore but, I think I prefer this me." She smiled before gathering her things, Zoe watched her with a smile as she left.

Jacob looked over as she walked to him. "Where are you off?" He questioned, "Home, now are you coming?" She smirked, "Con, I ca-" "Remember who is the boss and who won't be getting in trouble." He smirked and taking her hand as they walked to the Staff room. He got his things, quickly changing his top he noticed Connie staring "keep your eyes to yourself Beauchamp." He smirked "Don't flatter yourself Muscles." He laughed, pulling her into her side as they walked to the car. "So why are we going home?" "I just wanted to." She smiled

An: Kind of filler chapter