Chapter 7

Connie strolled through the department with a smile which was rare. "Ms.Beauchamp. these came for you." Noel smiled, Connie glanced seeing Noel holding a bunch of flowers "Bin them please." She forced a smile, leaving Noel taken back by her, he nodded and did as she asked. Charlie had been watching from a distance, "Connie." She shook as her name was called, she smelt the alcohol, he wrapped his arms round her. She stood shaking "Cal leave me alone." She whispered, "I messed up. I won't do it again princess. I promise." She removed his hands "I have work Cal. Leave me and my daughter alone." She sighed, he forcefully pulled her face to meet his "Connie, think wisely. I'll forget you run off and I'll forget you binned my flowers oh also you ignoring me." "Get off!" "No! You love me." "No I don't!" Max was now watching, realising who it was he went to find Jacob.

"Connie! Don't hurt me like that yes you do." He grabbed her wrist, "I'm not going anywhere with you! I don't love you I hate you! I hate you so much!" Without thinking he slapped her, both Charlie and Jacob now ran over "Connie I'm sorry. It won't happen again you just hurt me." Cal looked at Connie, Jacob gripped him by the throat. "Jacob! Don't... don't do it." He let go "Scum like you don't deserve a life! You best leave her alone, you are so lucky she is here if she wasn't I can promise you, you'd be a patient." Jacob looked at him, Charlie left stood confused. Cal ran out the hospital, "Jacob. My office." She spoke quietly, he nodded and followed her.

He closed the door waiting for her to yell but, she fell into him sobbing. He held her closely, "He won't." She cried "I'll make sure of it, that's a promise sweetcheeks." She looked up at him as her red watery eyes met his, he carefully brushed some hair out of her face. "You know what I love about you?" Connie shook her head, "How you fool everyone out there. The way you smile, the way you sleep, the way you care for your daughter, your hair, your face, your personality. How brave and strong you are. Just every part of you I love." Connie looked and wiped her cheeks, she placed a passionate kiss on his lips, which took him by surprise but, he respond equally. Her arms now round his neck they pulled away, he pressed his forehead against her hers "The way you kiss." He smirked causing a laugh to escape her lips, he smiled as he watched her.

"You know what I love about you?" She mimicked him playfully, "Go ahead." He smiled "The way you look after us, you don't as questions, you care, you mean everything you say, how you are helping me. The way you give me butterflies everytime you smile, the way you play with Grace, how you can change the way I feel. Your stupid nicknames, the way you hold me, how you're willing to wait. How you protect me and make me feel safe, your smile, the way you make Grace giggle. How you just let me move in, the way you make me think about you, how I don't want to lose you... oh and of course the muscles help." She smirked nearer the end. He shook his head smiling at her last comment, "You won't lose me, I promise-" She kissed him again, she wrapped her legs around his waist as he held her "Thank... you for... everything." She spoke against his lips, "No need."

They quickly broke apart as there was a knock on the door, Connie quickly removed some lipstick from his lips, "Come in!" Charlie entered the room, shutting the door "What's going on?" "Don't-" "You know I care for you like my own Connie." "I know you do, I care for you just the same Charlie." "So what's going on?" Connie glanced at Jacob, who got the message and quickly left.

Connie sat at her desk, "Cal... abused me, I left. Jacob took me and Grace in and before you ask why didnt I tell you because I was scared, then you will ask why did I tell Jacob, because he hardly new me and wouldn't ask questions." Charlie stood gobsmacked "Connie I'm so-" "Don't treat me like a victim, or how you'd treat a patient." She looked at him as he stood with his arms open. She thought for a second as she walked and hugged him. "You should have told me, I know I'm an old man but, I would do anything to keep you and Gracie safe." "I know but, Jacob is now anyway."