The Comeback

dodie clark is making me emo so this is bc of that

look her up, she'll ruin your life

tw: abuse (sorry)

:)

The fact that he has the nerve to be here. Just walking around the streets, not caring that I have a panic attack everytime I see him. His fucking smirk says it all. He just wants to ruin my life. I thought he would be gone. After the prom, I thought he would be out of my sight. 

6 years later, my nightmare has turned real. 

Now, I'm in bed, my husband holding me as I cry. He's so patient with me, it's insane. 

"Hey, hey. You're alright. What's wrong?" David asks quietly. 

I couldn't tell him. He'd probably punch me, again. 

"I-I don't k-know." I stuttered out, hoping he wouldn't hurt me to figure out the answer. 

David sighed and loosened his grip on me. He rubbed my back and cleared his throat.

He was trying to be reasonable.

"Just one of those nights, huh?" He said.

I nodded, wiping the tears from my cheeks. 

David got up and took his shirt off.

Shit. I'm so tired.

"I know what will make you feel better, my angel." David said, smiling and kissing my cheek.

I faked a smile and let him feel me. 

The rest, I don't wanna say, but I faked it all. I still cried once he went to sleep.

I was scared to go to work tomorrow. He might be there. What if he is there? I guess he'd take me into an alleyway and murder me.

It wouldn't be the worst thing. 

-

"Bye, honey! See you tonight!" David called, the door shutting.

David works at a shoe company. He stays there till eleven, sometimes midnight. I know he's not always there, but he makes the rules, not me. 

I was shaking as I pulled my work shirt over my head. I looked in the mirror, the bruises on my hips showing what he did last night. My eyes that are always crying filled up with tears once again. I pulled my jeans up and zippered them. I saw someone out my window, I screamed and ducked below my bed, thinking it was him.

He's right outside my house, Jesus Christ. I'm gonna die today. 

I peeked from my bed and saw it was just a bird. It was looking around, probably to see where that scream came from. 

My relieved but shaky breath came out my mouth and I stood up once again. I shook my head and grabbed my work bag and my house key, leaving my room and going through my front door. I double-locked the door and started to walk the 3 miles. David needs the car.

While I walked, I looked around the streets, seeing if he was there. Through every car that passed me, I tried to see if he was inside. Maybe he'll run me over. Maybe he'll kidnap me from a side street. Maybe he'll just shoot me from an apartment window. 

Once I got to the record shop, I walked inside, clocked in, and went behind the register. 

"Good morning, Mitchell." Kirstie greeted from one of the aisles, her smile on her face.

"Hey, Kirstie." I greeted, my fake happy voice on. 

I work at a record shop, it's not tiny but's it's not big. This is the closest thing to music I'll get. I don't get paid much, but David gets all the money, so, I guess it doesn't matter. We usually get no people on Mondays, so today's gonna be long.