2 Years Pt. 6

TIME SKIP TO JULY

I woke up from bed to see my phone freaking out with Twitter notifications.

Did something happen?

I got my phone and opened Twitter to see over 250 notifications!

Wow. I'm that famous.

I looked at one tweet and it said, "@mitchgrassi Happy Birthday Mitchy!!! ❤️😘".

Holy shit. It's my birthday.

I smiled and shut off my phone. I can't wait to jump on Scott's bed and say "ITS MY BIRTHDAY BITCH!" and let him tackle me on his bed and he makes me breakfast and he treats me like a queen, even though I don't deserve it.

Oh wait. Never mind. He's in a coma.

My smiled faded as I realized that. My first birthday without him.

This isn't right. It just isn't right.

So I got in my car, drove to the hospital and opened his door.

I shut the door quietly and walked over to him. I sat on the edge of his bed and smiled

"It's my birthday bitch!" I said not as loud as my normal way and shook his hand.

And all of a sudden Scott's eyes opened.

He sat up in his bed and smiled.

"Happy Birthday Mitchy." He said softly and tackled me on to his bed.

I was bawling my eyes out and hugging him tightly.

"Mitch. What's wrong?" He asked from above me.

"S-Scott. You woke up from your coma." I said stuttering because I was crying.

"Mitch. Mitch. MITCH." He said shaking me.

I snapped my head and Kirstie was in front of me shaking my body.

I looked over at Scott.

He was in his coma.

"W-What?" I asked myself.

I looked around the room. Same room. But Scott was alive 5 seconds ago!

"Mitch you were daydreaming." Kirstie said to me softly.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

"No. Kirstie I wasn't. It was too, too, real." I argued her looking at Scott confused.

"Well daydreams can be powerful like that Mittens." Kirstie explained sitting next to me.

I put my head in my hands.

"Aww honey I'm sorry." Kirstie said sympathetically putting her hand on my knee.

"It's ok. I've been those powerful dreams every night for the last 4 months." I admitted.

"Seriously?" Kirstie looked concerned.

"Ya." I looked down at my feet.

She looked down, too.

"Well, let's look on the bright side of things. You're 23!" Kirstie said enthusiastically.

I laughed and smiled at her.

"Ya. I am. God dammit I'm old." I said laughing. Kirstie laughed, too.

Wow. We're actually happy in Scott's hospital room. That's surprising.

"Hey. We got to get ready for your birthday partyyyy!" Kirstie said wiggling her eyebrows and standing up.

I giggled and stood up as well.

"Oh ya! We should go." I remembered I'm having my birthday party at this club I rented out and guess who's DJing,

Me. HELLL YEAAAHHHH.

I looked back at Scott one more time and I went back to him and kissed his cheek.

"I'll tell you all about the party tomorrow. Bye babe." I whispered to him.

Kirstie smiled from across the room.

And with that I went out the door and got ready for my party.

TIME SKIP TO PARTY TIME

I checked my outfit in the clubs bathroom mirror one more time. I made sure Scott would've loved it.

I'm wearing Scott's white button up with a black bow-tie, black skinny jeans, and my brown Velcro shoes.

He would've called me gorgeous. I smiled to myself.

"Hope you don't me wearing your shirt Scotty." I said to myself giggling.

I took one deep breath and opened the door.

All of my friend were yelling and taking pictures of me. I smiled as I thought Scott would be the loudest.

I walked onstage and grabbed the microphone.

"Hey guys! My name is Mitch Grassi, and welcome to my 23rd, I'm so old I know, birthday party!" I said to all my friends.

They laughed at my little joke.

"And before we start I would just like to have a toast." I said getting my glass of Chardonnay and holding it up.

All of my friends got their glasses and held them up, too.

"I would like to make a toast to Scott Hoying, who is, sadly, in a coma for a long time and can't be here by my side, like he always is at my birthday parties. I give him all my hopes and prayers of him waking up and hopefully you guys do, also. I love him to death and I'm sad he's missing out on all the days that he loves. So, cheers to Scott Hoying everyone!" I announced tearing up and taking a sip of my Chardonnay.

Everyone took a drink also and applauded.

"Let's get this party started!" I screamed and started DJing.

The party was amazing and I actually felt happy for once. Like really happy.

Kirstie drive me home, told me Happy Birthday, and I headed inside.

I change into more comfortable clothes and went into Scott's room.

This would be the time where Scott and I would lay on his bed and I would open his presents from him.

I lay there and just felt 100% emptiness. Also, I have to do this twice, cause of next year.

I slammed the pillow into my face and groaned.

I seriously can't live like this. I just cant.

I need Scott.

NOW.