Young Love

I'm going to stop with the theater intros/outs for a while. I just feel like they take away from the story. I might bring them back in the future. I love you guys and here's a little quickie for y'all. <3

"Scotty! There's snow!" My brunette friend yelled as I was leaving the stage for water.

My eyes widened at the sentence. It only snows, like, once a year in Texas. I ran over to the window Mitch was at, and I stared at the snowflakes hitting the window.

"Woah." I dragged out the word.

The whole outside of the theater was covered in snow, not a lot, but it covered the entire grass. 

"I wish we could go out there, Scott." Mitch sighed, plopping his head on my chest, leaning on my body while he looked out the window.

"Me too."

We were in the middle of play practice for Annie. It was Mitchy and I's second play together. It's Saturday, so that's when we have 5 hour long practices. Sure, theater is fun and awesome, but 5 hours of it can get tiring. 

"Hey, it's snowin!" A 9th grader in the play shouted. 

He and a bunch of his friends ran over to the other window, Mitch and I looking over in curiosity. People started swarming around to the windows and soon almost the entire cast was at the windows.

A 7th grader ran up to our director for CATS (Creative Arts Theater School, S/O) and some more people went up to her.

"Can we please go outside, it's snowing!" The 7th grader asked, the other people begged with him.

The director looked outside and smiled in agreement.

"Ok. But only for 10 minutes, that's it."

Mitch looked up at me with an excited smile.

"C'mon!" Mitch yelled, pulling me out the door where the cast scrambled out of.

We all ran out into the cold, spinning and jumping every where. Some boys started to have a snowball fight, while some girls took some artsy selfies in the snow. It was crowded in the front field, Mitch and I had no place to play.

"Follow me." Mitch quietly ordered.

I followed him around the building, widening my eyes when we got to the back of the theater.

There was a huge hill further away. The snow hasn't been touched at all. The whole land is open and no one was here.

Mitch and I stood there in awe at the huge snow land, until Mitch laughed started to run.

"Whoever gets down the hill last is a sandwich!" Mitch yelled as he bolted toward the hill.

I laughed at his sentence, but started to run after him. You see, I don't want to be a sandwich so, I need to win.

We both have no snow gear on, so it's just us and our light jackets, sneakers, and jeans. Hopefully we don't slip, that would be just awful.

Mitch started to go down the hill as I sped up. My eyes were straight on him as I ran, my feet stepping on the fresh snow. I tried to breathe steady as I was gaining up on him, almost right behind his little feet.

We were almost at the bottom of the hill, the land was getting straighter underneath our feet. I was basically right behind him, I just needed to get in front of him.

I closed my eyes and charged up next to him, Mitch screaming and running faster as I opened my eyes. Mitch turned his head around and smiled.

"You're gonna be a sandwich!" Mitch sang.

I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed.

"You're gonna be a sandwich, you're gonna be a san-"

Mitch screamed as he tripped over a rock in the ground. I widened my eyes and dashed to him so I could catch him. As he was about to land on the ground, jumped and caught him, us both falling to the ground.

We both opened our eyes, faces very close to each other's. Mitch started to laugh, making me laugh, too. We laughed and laughed until at one moment,

our lips touched each other's.

It was like the world stopped spinning. The snowflakes stopped falling and the screams of the other kids at the front of the building faded away. Keep in mind, we're both only 11 years old, meaning this is both of our first kisses. We stared into each other's eyes in awe and didn't look away.

Well, technically, it isn't a kiss. Our lips are just on each other's, not moving. But, I would still count it as one. 

Mitch and I stayed like that for what seemed like eternity, before we just both pulled away and Mitch got off of me, sitting next to me on the snow.

We both stayed silent and turned our heads away from each other. My heart was beating faster than ever before and I was for sure blushing. I started to get this weird feeling in my chest and stomach. My head was spinning fast and my breaths were heavy. I couldn't take my mind off of him, how good it felt to have his lips on mine. Mitch looked so handsome while kissing me. My heart was beating even faster just thinking about him. I felt like there was butterflies bouncing around in my stomach. 

Is this what love feels like?

"S-Scott?" Mitch whispered, catching my attention.

I hummed and tried to get my heart beating at a normal pace.

"If you wouldn't mind, c-can we do that again?" Mitch asked nervously.

Nope, now my heart is beating faster now. The, maybe "love", feeling is back. I smiled and nodded, sitting closer to Mitch.

And just like before, we put our lips together, and just stayed like that. I opened my eyes for seconds just to look at him, smiling and closing my eyes. 

We did that for a while, not even noticing till the last hour of play practice that everyone went in 2 hours ago. 

Yep. That feeling was for sure love.