2 Years Pt. 7

TIME SKIP TO SEPTEMBER

I knew this day would come. The horrible day. And Scott couldn't be here for it. That's what made it horrible. And that day was,

Scott's Birthday.

It's so messed up that he can't be alive for his OWN birthday.

Before I even left my driveway to go to the hospital, I started drafting Happy Birthday tweets to him.

"Ok. How 'bout, Happy Birthday @scotthoying I love you so much and I miss you lots. Hope your having fun in coma world. Hope they play all of the Beyoncé albums and have an endless supply of Starbucks coffe. Wake up please. Thanks. Happy Birthday babe. ❤️❤️." I said to myself typing it in.

I was satisfied with it and tweeted it.

Already 100 favorites and 60 retweets, I love our fans.

I told myself I wouldn't cry, but here I am, crying in my car, alone, wearing his cloud sweater.

I drove listening to all of his solo songs on all of the PTX albums.

"On on my way, on on my way." I sang along with him.

I went back to PTX Vol. 2 and played "Natural Disaster". Ugh those riffs though.

"You see I tried oh did I try." I belted with him.

I finally turned the corner and saw hell in a buliding. I shut my phone off and headed inside.

"Goodmorning Mitch." The lady at the desk said.

She already knows what to say and what to do cause I've been here EVERYDAY for the past 6 months.

I flashed a little smile at her and headed inside his room.

I opened and closed the door and sat on the chair next to him.

"Happy Birthday Scotty." I whispered to him holding his hand.

"You've gotten so many tweets from our fans saying Happy Birthday."

I felt tears coming down my cheeks. Typical.

"I'm so sorry you couldn't be here at your own birthday babe." I said crying.

"But we're all throwing a party in your honor! All of our friends are coming to our house and we're watching videos of you!" I told him squeezing his hand.

"Hopefully you don't mind." I said giggling. He would've laughed.

I heard the door open as in came the rest of Pentatonix.

"Hey Mitch." They said walking over.

"Hey guys." I said back running my hands through Scott's hair.

They all said happy birthday to him I their own ways.

"So, did you tell him about the party?" Kirstie asked me.

"Yep." I started to cry more.

Kirstie hugged me and wiped my tears away.

"I know this is hard honey, him not being here for his birthday, but we can make the best if it." Kirstie whispered.

I smiled at her and nodded.

"So are we getting ready for this party or what?" Avi said to us.

We smiled and started heading out. All of them said happy birthday again.

Before I left the room I went back and kissed his cheek.

"I love you Scotty, happy birthday." I whispered and got out the door.

TIME SKIP TO PARTY

Everyone seemed to be here. I cuddled into his cloud sweater just to get a sense of him.

I greeted everyone and talked about him and laughed about him and you know, you know.

One point in the middle of the party I wanted to make a speech. I had Kevin record it so I can show him when he wakes up.

"Excuse me everyone! I want to make a speech!" I announced to everyone. They quieted down.

"I going to make a speech about Scott. Sorry if it's long. Ok so, Scott and I met when we were 10 years old at a community play of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." I began, standing on our coffee table. Everyone listened attentively.

"We instantly became friends on the first day of tryouts. We hung out the WHOLE entire time and talked. I remember he told me I had a pretty voice. Singing and talking." I said smiling remembering all of it clearly.

"But you know how he always says his first impression of me is that I was adorable and nice and talented? Well I told him I forgot mine, but I actually remember it 100%. My first impression of him was, He was the most cutest guy ever. I was MESMERIZED by his piercing blue eyes, I loved his adorable freckles, I died when he sang his audition song, he's the sweetest guy on the planet, and h-he's just a-amazing." I admitted, starting to stutter because of my crying that's happening rn.

"And I still feel the same way. I still love his blue eyes, I still love his freckles, I still LOVE the way he sings, like I wish I could do those riffs, he's still so sweet, and he's still amazing." I said wiping my eyes.

"And ever since we started Pentatonix and Superfruit and everything else, I've loved him even more. His laugh is adorable, his smile is blinding, and his personality is something that every human should have." Kirstie, Avi, Everyone, even KEVIN cried hard.

"And I would just like to say that Scott made me the person I am today, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be myself if it wasn't for him, I would've NEVER came over my shyness, and if it wasn't for him, I FOR SURE wouldn't be here today. Because I need him on this earth to keep my alive and happy." I said getting louder with each sentence sobbing.

"So, Scott," I said looking up at the sky. "Please wake up. Cause if you don't soon, I won't have a life to live for, cause I NEED you in order to have my life. I love you Scott. Happy Birthday." I said bawling. Everyone applauded my speech and sobbed, too.

After everyone left I stood in the middle of the house.

"Scott. Please. I can't wait much longer." I said barley in a whisper.

I started to cry by myself and sat on Scott's bed. I lay down and stared at the cieling.

What if he doesn't wake up? My life would be worthless.

I hate this.