2 Years Pt. 13

i cannot wait for your comments on this one.
hopefully you read the epilogue to swlf.

"Even in the darkest times, Scotty." I whispered, crying after the line went flat.

He was gone. My other half was completely gone. After all we've been through, our whole lives have been a fucked up rollercoaster. But, we were with each other for the whole ride.

I guess this is where he gets off.

I didn't let go of his hand which was now getting colder and deader. I let my head fall onto the hospital bed and I cried loudly, everything becoming so real.

This time, he wasn't waking up.

This time, there's no waiting.

This time, he's actually dead.

Scott Richard Hoying is dead.

The man I've fallen madly in love with is dead.

The man I've made a family with is dead.

The man I've married is dead.

The man I've spent so many memories with is dead.

The man that made me happy is dead.

Scott Richard Hoying is dead.

I want to go to the bridge again. I want to end it all again. Since no one can stop me this time.

But I know I can't. I can't do that to Scott.

I'm going to fight for him.

Even if it means not being with him.

I cried harder, letting go of his hand and letting it going in my hair, shakily running my hand through it. It felt like the weight of the world was piling on me. I started to have trouble breathing, gasping for air while I cried. I stood up from the bed and fell to the floor, sobbing and letting my head go on the floor. I closed my eyes and shook my head.

no.

No.

NO.

"NO!" I screamed, my whole body spazzing out.

I took a while to breathe before I noticed something.

I'm home.

In Scott's room.

With the ripped up picture on the floor.

Wait...what?

I stood up and ran my hands through my hair, turning around to see the mirror.

I screamed at the sight of Scott standing there.

"Wait, I am Scott." I whispered, looking down on my pale skin.

My voice is deeper, my body is bigger, I'm a lot taller.

I'm Scott.

But...why was I Mitch? And how did I get back here?

There was calendar hanging from above my bed, and I looked at the date. My jaw dropped at what I saw.

March 17, 2015.

I brought my hands to my mouth and stepped backwards, away from the calendar. Everything is so overwhelming, I don't know what to do. I looked around the room and saw holes in walls, ripped up teddy bears, ripped up pictures. I saw tear stains on the floor from where I just was.

I wasn't even on the floor for that long. How are there already stains?

They would only be there if I was there for a long time. And the date was the day I went into the coma.

Wait.

Oh my fucking god.

I am speechless at this point. I stood in the middle of my room, realizing what has happened.

That was just a vision.

From Mitch's perspective.

The coma.

The waiting.

The bridge.

Alex.

The song.

The rape.

The wedding.

The death.

It wasn't real.

That's what would've happened if I tried to kill myself.

I looked down at my arms and legs. There were no cuts there. I pulled up my shirt. The big red scar wasn't there.

Mitch would've gone through all of that pain and suffering if I did that. If I as Mitch couldn't even survive, who thinks he can?

I have a second chance now. I can redo the rest of my life.

And now I know that he's always been in love with me.

Right on cue, the door opened and a huge smile grew on my face.

"Hey Scott, I'm home!" Mitch's beautiful voice ran through the house.

I ran downstairs, seeing him turn around and smile.

"Hey! I got you some-"

I slammed my lips against his, cupping his cheeks with my hands and kissing him passionately. He didn't kiss back, he was standing in shock. I pulled away and smiled, both of us catching our breaths.

"W-Wait, what?" Mitch stuttered, his face bright red.

"Alex broke up with me. And I was so oblivious that you were in love with me. And I know that I am in love with you." I spoke, seeing his smile get bigger and bigger with every sentence.

He shook his head and smiled.

"It's about fucking time." He spoke, wrapping his arms around my neck and kissing me lovingly.

I kissed back, my arms around his waist. I opened one of my eyes to see the Cartier bracelet box sticking out of one of Mitch's bags. I smiled and closed my eyes, kissing Mitch more.

Scomiche will finally, finally live forever.

*smiles evilly as i watch all of your shocked faces*

you're welcome.

- Emmett. <3