Chapter 34

Dominic's P.O.V.

I woke up this morning, with one arm wrapped around Jenae' and the other on Naomi's back, who was sleeping on my chest. She was laying horizontal with a foot on my cheek. I don't know why she likes to sleep so wild on me, she doesn't sleep like this on anybody else, but this my baby though.

I picked Naomi up and laid her in between me and Jenae', putting some cover on her before I got out the bed. I was on a mission today.

I brushed my teeth and threw on some clothes. I knocked and poked my head into Jayden's room. He was up but his kid was sleep."What's good bro?" Jayden asked.

"I need a favor." I said walking in closing the door behind me.

"Name it." He said.

"I need you to keep Jenae' occupied today. Take a trip to PSL for today so the kids can see they grandparents."

"Okaaay? Everything good? Ain't no problems is there?" He asked.

"Nah nah nah, erthang good. But between me and you, aight?"

"Aight bruh, let me know." He said.

"I'm fina go take a trip downtown to see what I can do about these charges against Jenae'."

"Word? Shit man. How you gon do that?" He asked.

"I got a few connections, and a few favors are owed." I said.

"Shid alright."

"Aight, thanks man." I said giving him dap.

"You family bruh. Now go make shit straight for my sista." He said.

"You know I got her bruh." I said as I walked out the door.

I poked my head in my room one last time to check on my girls, they were still sleeping. Naomi had snuggled into Jenae'. All I could do was think about how lucky I was. I pulled myself together and finally left the house.

I pulled out my phone and dialed a number. I waited as it rang. "Ay, you still gon help me with this stuff for my lady?"... "Alright, I'm on my way now. I'll meet you there."

I pulled up to the police department and got my car. That's when I seen Chonsey's Mercedes Benz pull up. Me and my dad cool or whateva now but when I see what he driving and how he live I be wanting to beat his ass lowkey, cause nigga me and mines ain't have allat coming up, atleast not the easy way, and that's cause he chose to live lavishly without us. I just shook off my emotions and focused on what I came here to do.

"Hey son." He said approaching me with his hand out.

"Hey, thanks for coming to help me wit all dis. I'm not too fond of the legal system." I said rubbing the back of my neck and shaking his hand.

"That's my grand daughter's mother, and my soon to be daughter in law, it's nothing." He said shaking my hand. "Let's do this." He said opening the door to the police department.

We walked up to the front desk. "Is there something I can help you two with?" A husky dark skin woman asked.

"Uh yes, I need to speak with Chief Green." My dad said stepping forward.

"Is she expecting you?" The woman asked.

"No but this is urgent." He said.

"Chief Green is a pretty busy woman. She doesn't do walk ins."

"It's fine Latrice." A light skin curvy older woman with green eyes said. "It's been a very long time Chonsey." She walking up to him.

"It's been too long. How have you been Emily?"