Chapter 31

Shenika's P.O.V.

I roll over in my bed trying my best to tune out the banging I hear at my front door. "Can they just go away." I mumbled to myself not wanting to be bothered.

After a minute or two the banging at the door silenced itself. I closed my eyes with relief feeling my sleepiness come back. I heard my bedroom door bust open and I shot up.

"IF YOU DON'T GET YO BLACK ASS UP I KNOW SOME SHIT!" Jenae' shouted at me.

"Girl how the fuck you did get in here?" I asked sitting up in my bed rubbing my eyes trying to get myself together.

She wiggled a key in my face. "I still got my key hoe. I knew this bitch would come in handy." She said plopping down in my bed.

"You ain't shit." I said rolling my eyes. "What you doing here?"

"I can't come check up on my main bitch?" She asked.

I just sat there knowing why she was here. So we could have a conversation about her hoe ass brother. "Yeah yeah yeah. How's Dominic and my niece?"

"They good. But I'm not here to talk about my family... I'm here to talk about yours."

"I don't wanna talk about Jayden. I don't wanna talk about it, or hear about it. I'm done with him completely." I said rubbing my temples trying to keep myself from getting frustrated. I've been crying for days.

"I understand, really I do. Out of all the people you know, you know I got your back 1000 percent. But I do seriously consider y'all having a talk." She said.

"For what? Us talking ain't gon change the fact that he got a baby. Jenae' this muthafucka got a whole child!" I said getting teared up. "How could he do that shit to me? I ain't never ever done anything wrong to Jayden all I did was love him and give him all of me and he chose to piss on that." I said now crying.

She came over to me and wrapped her arms around me and rested her head against mine. "Ion like seeing you like this, I swear I don't." She said. "You gon get through this boo. We gon do it together."

"I don't want to complicate things with you and him." I said.

"Girl, you ain't complicating anything ! You my best friend. He will understand! And he lives in my damn house, so unless he wanna be sleeping under the bridge he better not say shit." She said jokingly.

I bust out laughing. "You so fucking crazy bitch!" I said wiping my tears. One thing that has always remained the same about Jenae' is that when hard times come, she's always right here keeping me strong and sane with a smile on my face even through the tears. ❤️

"I know. Now get yo ass up, we getting you out this house bitch!"

I threw the covers off me and hopped up. "Yes bitch cause I'm not fina be crying over this nigga!"

I grabbed me an outfit and got in the shower. I gotta get back to myself!

****

"Girl what's been going on?" I asked Jenae' as we ate lunch at Friday's out on the patio.

"Girl good. I just miss my job tho." She said beginning to pick over her food at the mention of her job. I know Jenae' loved that job. It was completely her cup of tea.

"You'll find another one. Y'all good on money right?" I asked.

"Yeah we good. You know Dominic not gon let nothing like money stop him from getting Naomi everything her little heart desires. If he don't know how to do anything else he knows how to hustle for his family." She said blushing a bit.