Chapter 18

Back to Work (2 weeks later)

"Jenae' you really wanna be late on your first day back??" Dominic asked me.

"I just don't wanna leave my baby." I said growing tears in my eyes looking at Naomi. I was holding her in my arms, she was looking at me clueless as to my I'm so emotional. Today would be our first time apart since she was born. I didnt think it would make me feel this way.

"Bae, you'll see her later. Now go." He said grabbing her from me.

I grabbed my purse and my keys. "Ugh." I walked over to them and gave her a kiss. "Okay take care of her, she has bottles in the fridge when she's hungry warm them up, but make sure they're not too hot and--" I was going on and on until Dom cut me off.

"Jenae', I'm her daddy. I know how to take care of my baby. Now get to work. We'll see you later." He said kissing my forehead and opening the door giving me a light push so I can get out the door. "Say bye bye mommy." He said to Naomi waving her hand. I got emotional so I closed the door and got in the car so I could make my way to work.

I made it to work with 5 minutes to spare. When I got to my desk Mr. Hardwick had walked in. "Jenae'! Welcome back!" He came over giving me a hug.

I smiled. "Thank you. It's good to be back." I said having a seat in my chair. "So how are things? How's the new baby?"

"She's amazing." I pulled out my phone and showed him a picture of her. "Isn't she the most beautiful little thing." I said.

"Just like her mommy." He said smiling.

I pushed my hair out of my face. "Well you know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I said feeling myself cause Naomi mama fine as fuck ya feel me.

He cleared his throat. "You're getting married?" He asked. I realized I'd used my left hand to move my hair.

"Oh yeah. Dominic proposed at my baby shower." I said smiling looking at my ring.

"Well congratulations. I wish you two the best. I'll always be here if you ever need me." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Well, now it's back to business. You have new clients. You know what to do.Have a good one Ms. Wilson." He said leaving my office. He seemed brought down seeing I was engaged now. I shook it off when there was a knock at my door.

I got up and opened it and I seen a couple. Dark skinned tall guy and a medium height bright skin girl. "Hello, are you Jenae' Wilson?" The woman asked.

"Yes that's me." I said with a smile.

"The man at the desk says you're the best one to talk to about relationship problems."

"The best he says? Well why don't you come in and take a seat." I said letting them in.

"So let's start off with introductions. I'm Jenae' Wilson. I don't mind being called just Jenae', whatever makes you comfortable."

"Okay. Well I'm Jawon and this is Tiffany." The dark skin man said.

"Well what seems to be the problem?" I asked.

"Well. Ms. Wilson. Jawon and I are here to try and save our marriage... This was his idea."

"What's the problem?"

"Jawon and I have been married for 6 years and unfortunately I haven't been blessed to have any children.. My husband on the other hand" she was saying as she gave him a stank face. "Has had a baby on me."

My jaw dropped. "I wish Dominic would."I mumbled putting my hand to my mouth quickly. "I'm so sorry that was unprofessional of me." I can't believe my damn outburst. I haven't been to work in that long I done lost my damn sense of professionalism.