Chapter 7

I was damn near shitting bricks walking into my folks crib with Dominic. Last time I had a convo with them about Dom was when I told them we broke up cause he cheated on me.. They been waiting to see him so they can whoop his ass. Now they bout to get news he's my baby daddy... Here we go.

Jonathan was sizing Dominic up and down as he walked in holding my hand. "Look what the hell the cat done drug in." Jonathan said closing the door with force behind Dominic. I jumped a little bit cause I didn't know what was fina go down.

My mama was in the living room as well sizing the fuck outta Dom. "What is he doing here?" My mom asked with an attitude.

"We got something to tell y'all." I said nervously. I could barely get my words out. I looked at Dom and he gave me a reassuring look.

"You ain't gotta tell us nothing. It's obvious you two are back together." Jonathan said. "I can't believe she even gave you another chance. You were dumb as hell to cheat on her."

"I'm sorry but she has forgiven me so I think you two should do the same and support her decision." Dom said firmly.

Jonathan's face softened just a little. Jonathan's not a mean person but when he feels as though he needs to be agressive he doesn't have a problem going from 0-100.

"Now we have something we want to share with you guys." Dom said to them and then he looked down at me. A lump formed in my throat.

"Um." I began to say then I grabbed Dom's hand and gripped it as tight as I could. "I'm pregnant." I said.

Jonathan put his hands on his hips and his eye brows went up. My moms eyes got wide and her nostrils started flaring. "Are you keeping it?" My mom asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Are you sure you ready?" Jonathan asked me.

"Ready or not this baby is coming. All I'm asking for is support. I'm not asking for money.. Or judgement.. Just support. If I can't get that then Dominic and I can do this alone." I said.

"You've got our support no matter what, baby girl." Jonathan said hugging me. He took a look at Dominic. "As for you, you better not ever hurt my daughter again. And you better take good care of my grand child cause if I hear you ain't being a father I'm gon put my hands on you boy. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yes sir. I promise I'll take care of them." Dom said. They shook hands.

"Ma are you happy for us?" I asked.

"I don't have a choice but to be. Apart of me is a bit worried, but I know you'll be okay. This is the hard part about being a parent .. Watching your child grow up. I just want you to keep succeeding in life." She told me. I know it's hard for my mom to watch me grow into a woman, but it's all apart of life.

"But like my husband said." She spoke to Dominic. "If you hurt my child again or even THINK about not taking care of my grand baby , I'm going down for the count!"

I had to laugh at that. We all did. My mom is too crazy. I'm just happy I got my support system going.

****

"YEESSSSSSS!" Mama Nicole said as we told her the good news. She gave me a huge hug. "I'm getting a grand baby!" She shouted.

"I told you she was gon lose her mind." Dom said putting his arm over my shoulder.

"This is good news. I'm not getting no younger." She said.

"When do you find out what you Nae' having?" John asked me.

"I'm not sure. But we're going for our first ultra sound today the doctor will let us know then." I said.

"I want a girl." Mama Nicole said.