Chapter 25

"They expect me to eat this.. " I said as I looked at this nasty breakfast one of the nurses brought me.

"Jenae' you gotta eat baby." Dominic told me.

"I don't want this." I said pushing it away.

He shook his head and pulled out his phone and dialed a number. "Hello? Yeah y'all left already?.. Before y'all get here stop by McDonalds and get some breakfast... Aight." He said and then hung up the phone. "You spoiled." He said to me shaking his head.

I just smiled at him. "I didn't ask you for that just then."

"You weren't gonna eat, so I had to." He said.

***

"Heeey beautiful." Mama Nicole walked in hugging me. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm in some pain, but I'm fine now that y'all are here." I said.

Chonsey , Marcus and Jermaine walked in. Chonsey had flowers and Marcus had my food. "These are for you gorgeous, but I'll sit them over here." Chonsey said sitting the flowers down on the counter.

"Thank you, they're beautiful." I said. That was nice.

"We gon let Dom hold your food for a quick second." Marcus said passing my food and heading back to the door. "Come on y'all." He said to someone outside the door.

John walked in with Naomi. I got so happy. "My baby!" I said reaching my arms out to her so excited to see her.

"Here go mama Mook." John said walking over and placing her in my arms. She looked at me and started hollering. She didn't want me. She reached out to Dom and I passed him to her.

"What's wrong ma?" Dom asked Naomi.

"It's fine she hasn't seen me in a while." I said trying to hold back my tears. My feelings were hurt. Id been gone too long. Now she doesn't know me anymore.

"Mook that's mommy." Dom said making her look at me. She looked at him like I don't care and laid her head on his shoulder. "She'll lighten up, give her a little while babe." He said to me.

I just nodded my head, I'm just sad Asf. "Well baby girl as much as we'd like to stay we have to go." Mama Nicole said holding Chonsey's hand.

"Ok, thanks for stopping by and for the flowers." I said.

"You're welcome. And I did talk to your parents, they'll be here soon." She said.

"Thank you." I said. I knew in the back of my mind that shit was fina get so crazy when they got here.

***

It was just me Dom, Naomi, John and Marcus now. Jermaine went home. I was eating my food when John started to ask questions.

"Would it be too much if I asked what it was like?" He asked.

"Yes nigga." Marcus said.

"Um, nah. I know y'all curious.. Um it was like being in jail. Being told what to do, and when to do it." I said.

"Nasty food too?" He asked.

"Really nigga? Nasty food?" Marcus said looking at him like 😒.