Chapter 9

Today was the day. Im 18 weeks so now we get to find out if we're having a little boy or girl. I'm not going to lie. I want a boy, but I'll be just as happy if we get a girl.

"Yeah man. We gon let y'all know as soon as we find out... We in here now. Yes.. Aight man I'll let you know... Bye bruh." Dom said hanging up the phone. He let out a deep breath.

"Uncle John?" I asked smirking.

"Yeah. He more excited than me and this my kid." Dom said sitting down and grabbing my hand.

I just laughed. The doctor walked in at that moment. "Hello you two. How are you this afternoon?" She asked.

"Good." We said in unison smiling.

"Are you ready to find out what's in there?" She asked pulling out the gel that goes on my belly.

We just nodded smiling at each other. "Okay let's have a look." She said looking at the screen as she searched for the baby.

She looked at us and smiled. My heart was beating so fast. "It's a... A girl." She said smiling.

Tears were sliding down my face. Dom shook the doctors hand. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Congrats on your baby girl." She said to us.

"Thank you." I said wiping my tears. She walked out.

"You sad? I know you wanted a boy." Dom said.

"No I'm happy! Just a little disappointed but I'm still very happy. I got a little mini me."

He put his head on my belly and just rested it there. "Hey princess. This is dada. Now that we know what you are I'm ready for you to come out now. But you can take your time." He said then he kissed my belly.

****

"I knew it!!! I told y'all I was gonna get me a baby girl." Mama Nicole said rubbing my belly. "Girl i knew it!"

"Aww man." John said hearing the news. "I wanted a boy!" He pouted.

"You still get to be a uncle. Just to a niece though." I said patting his back.

"Yeah I know." He said.

"Y'all know what this means right?" Marcus said.

"What's that?" We all asked.

"We gotta get our guns back." Marcus said.

"Oh hell yes. There ain't fina be no boys around my daughter." Dominic said.

"This little Carter girl is gonna cause HELL. One of us going to jail I'm telling you the truth." John said shaking his head.

We all bust out laughing. He's absolutely right.

"Your mom excited about a little girl?" Mama Nicole asked.

"Yeah she is. But Jonathan! Chillld. He so happy he got him a granddaughter and becoming a papa he is counting down the days. They probably over there shopping for this girl right now!" I said shaking my head. Jonathan and my mama are in Miami for their anniversary.

She let out a laugh. "This is gonna be great. We gotta plan your baby shower and stuff. You got any ideas?" She asked.

"I don't really have any. I was thinking you and my mama could plan it. The two grandmas." I said.

"Of course!"

Dominic P.O.V.

My mama and Jenae' are in there having women talk, so my brothers and I stepped outside for a quick smoke. "A daughter huh? Dom bout to have a daughter." Marcus said hitting the black.