Chapter 2

"Wake up fat head!" Jayden said walking in my room and pulling off the covers.

"Man get the fuck out." I groaned.

"Na this my house, you do as I say... Or take your ass back to your own home over there with--"

"Give me a reason to beat yo ass."

"Put the claws away, I was playing damn. What you on yo period or something?"

"No, I'm just frustrated over the whole situation."

"Just talk to him.. You know you want him back. You be the main one telling me to talk things over when me and Nika go through so take your own advice. Communication is key remember?"

I sat there for a minute and let Jayden's words run threw my mind.. He's right I gotta man up and go talk to him. "You right. I guess I'll talk to him."

"Good. Now you might want to check the time." He said as he smirked and walked out my room.

I checked the time it was 9:45. Shit I'ma be late for work! I hopped out the bed grabbed my all black long sleeve maxi dress with the slit in the leg and a black thong and made my way to the bathroom. When I got there Jayden was on his way in but I pushed his ass out the way and locked the door behind me.

"Jenae' you saw me walking in there get yo ass out!" He said banging on the door.

I ignored him and took a quick shower after I was done I lotioned my body down in my favorite fragrance "Beautiful Day" from Bath & Body Works. Once I was smelling good I brushed my teeth, put my dress and heels on, brushed my hair into a cute bun, threw on some gold eye shadow and made my way out the door and into my all white Lexus.

It was now 10:00 a.m. I was late for work. I just pray I beat my boss there or he gon be on my ass like cheese on grits! The last person he had that was late he straight up fired her ass no remorse, all the shit I'm going through I don't wanna lose my man and my damn job!

***
When I pulled up to my work place it was 10:25 traffic was a BITCH. When I walked to where my desk was at I had seen my home girl Kimora had filled in for me, she is the real MVP!

"Girl thank you so much for filling in for me. My alarm clock didn't go off!"

"Girl it was no problem! I got you covered!"

"Jenae' get in here." I heard my boss say.

"When did he get here?" I mouthed to her.

"20 minutes ago." She mouthed. I pretended to faint but made my way to my boss's office.

"Close my door and have a seat." He said not looking up from his paper work.

I did as he said and took a seat. "You're 25 minutes late."

"I know and I am so sorry Mr. Hardwick. I over slept and my brother had to wake me up." I explained.

He got up and walked around to the front of his desk and sat on the edge. "You do know that you are my assistant right?"

"Yes sir I am aware."

"Ok and are you aware that if you slack your work is placed on me? I have objectives I need to do too and that's not fair to me."

"I'm so sorry. Please don't fire me.. I need this job." I said.

He grabbed my hand and I looked up at him. "If you were anyone else, I'd fire you. But you're good at your job and I think pretty soon you're going to be a great psychologist." He gave me this certain look and I blushed. "Plus I like you around here."