Chapter 17

One Month Later

I woke up to the sound of Naomi's little cries. I walked out in the living room to see Jenae' fixing her a bottle. I took her from Jenae's arm and had a seat on the couch. "Hey hey hey, what you doin all this whining fa? Huh mama?" I said to Naomi.

Once I started talking she stopped and stared at me with her big dark brown eyes. "Yes I'm talking to you ma ma. Dada don't like his baby crying."

"Here baby, can you feed her. I need a quick shower." Jenae' said handing me the bottle.

"Alright." I took the cap off of the bottle and began to feed Naomi. "Is this what you been crying fa?" She was just drinking it down. This child of mine can eat. "It's good huh? Mommy fixed this bottle real good."

She wasn't paying me no mind. Almost half way through the bottle she started falling asleep. I took the bottle out of her mouth, put her on my chest and started to pat her back until she burped.

I held her in my arms and just watched her sleep. She sleeps just like Jenae'. Mouth open and dead to the world.  I just chuckled. My phone started to ring. I took it out of my pocket and answered it before it woke Naomi.

"Hello?" ... "Oh what's up Chonsey?" ... "Everything is good.." ... "She right here sleeping."... "Uh, I guess that's cool. When?" ... You can come -- you already in town?" ... "Alright."

Chonsey in Daytona. When Naomi was born I left my stuff in West Palm Beach. He's using that as an excuse to come see me. "Bae, can you go to the store real quick we running out of soap." She told me.

"Yeah, let me just lay Naomi down. Oh yeah Chonsey supposed to be coming over some time soon." I said walking into Naomi's room and putting her in her crib.

"Wait... Chonsey? As in your dad?" She said peeking her head in the room.

"Yeah, he called and said he was in town and he has my stuff. He's coming." I said.

I walked into the living room and she was picking things up and moving things around. "Jenae' it's not that serious. He's not Obama, it looks fine in hea."

"I've never met Chonsey. And I don't want him to think his son is with a woman that can't keep the household together."

"I barely know this nigga. We don't have to impress him. It's fine baby. Just relax and I'll be back." I said giving her a kiss and walking out the door to my car.

***
Jenae's P.O.V.

I was laying on the couch watching tv when there was a knock at the door. I got up and opened it. A smile stretched across my face.

"Sus, what's goin on!" Marcus said wrapping me into his arms in a tight hug.

"Leave some love for me." John said pushing Marcus and hugging me.

"Hey loves." I said truly happy to see them.

"Where Dominic ass at?" Marcus asked.

"He ran to the store. He should be back soon." I told him.

"Where Naomi?" John asked.

"In her crib sleeping." I said.

"She always sleeping." John said walking to her room. Marcus and I followed.

He poked his head in her crib. "She looks like me."

I laughed. "You think so?"

"Negro please. Nobody needs to look like yo ugly ass." Marcus said.

"Okay boys." I said trying to hold back my laughter. The way they be acting so childish at the ages of 26 and 20 is ridiculous.

We walked back into the living room and had a seat.