Chapter 26

Third day in the hospital..

"Ms. Wilson, you're doing so good. You can go home later on today if that's what you'd like." My doctor told me.

"That's great. Thank you so much." I said.

"Sure thing. If you have any pains or even any questions you can call on myself or one of your nurses." He told me.

"Thank you Dr. Noel." I said shaking his hand.

"You hear that, mommy gets to come home. Now you can mess with her all night." Dominic said to Naomi who was sitting in his lap. He made her clap her hands with his.

"No way." I said. "Mess with dada, let mommy sleep." I said to her. She just smirked like I'm gon mess with the both of y'all 😏

There was a knock at the door and then it slowly opened and a head poked in. "Little sis." Jayden said as he walked in with a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Bestfriiieeeennddd!" Shenika said right behind him. I got my body ready for all physical pain I was getting ready to experience.

They came to me and we group hugged. There was pressure on my chest but I thugged it out the best I could. The hug lasted a minute. We released and all just stared at each other. Jayden kissed the side of my head. "How are you?"

"I'm better." I said.

"I thought I wasn't gonna never get my Bestfriend back." Shenika said about to cry.

"Don't cry. You gonna make me cry." I said.

"Ma say you got shot.. That's true?" Jayden asked.

I revealed the spot where I was shot at. "Right in my chest." I said shaking my head.

"Oh my god." Shenika said about to cry again.

"I'm okay really I am. Dom taking good care of me. And little Naomi is just as perfect as she can be making her mommy feel all better." I said assuring her.

"I know. I'm just emotional. I don't like seeing you like this. I need a minute." She said and she stepped out.

I looked at Jayden he was staring off into space. On the verge of tears. When Jayden breaks down its something serious, because it only happens every once in a while. "Bae can you give us a minute." I said to Dom.

"Sure. Come on Mook." He said getting up and leaving with Naomi.

"Jay. I'm really okay." I tried to reassure him.

He just shook his head. "I... I couldn't do anything to save you." He said and then he put his face in his hands and broke down completely. "I called your phone everyday hoping I'd get to hear yo voice again."

I started crying. I don't think anyone really understands how it feels to see someone who literally never cries actually break down and cry. "Jay please stop. It's not your fault."

"I-I'm your brother. Im supposed to protect you." He could barely get his sentence out. "You had to go through all that alone. And I couldn't do a damn thing but sit home and think about how I let someone take you. Dominic hates me, you probably hated me.."

This was just too much. I don't like when he cries. I cry automatically. "I don't hate you. It wasn't your fault. If you knew it was happening, wouldn't you have fought for me?" I asked sniffing.