Chapter 27

(This chapter has 2 parts)
One week later

"Baby you good in there?" Dominic asked me from outside the bathroom door.

"Yeah I'm good. I'll be out in a minute." I lied. I was in the bathroom looking at my wound. Just in disbelief. Embarrassed. This mark will scar me forever. Tears ran down my face as I remembered all the hell I went through over that past month. Being beaten, talked down on, being called dumb for loving Dominic,and even more dumb for having his baby.My self esteem has never felt so low in my life.

I just stared at myself in the mirror and looked at every flaw my body had to offer and cried even more. I shook my head and wiped my tears. Get it together Jenae'. I told myself repeatedly. I grabbed a spare wash cloth and turned the water on and wet the rag. I washed my face until my face didn't seem so puffy and my eyes weren't so red. I looked at myself and tried to smile, in attempt to cheer myself up. It didn't work at all.

I walked into the room. Dom was sitting on the edge of the bed dressing Naomi who was getting ready to go with her grandma, his mother. He looked at me. "You good ma?" He asked after he finished dressing Naomi.

"Yeah." I said with a fake smile.

There was a knock at the door. "Nana's here Mook." Dominic said lifting her up and grabbing her bag and putting it on his shoulder.

We all walked to the door and let Mama Nicole in. "Heeey y'all. There go grandma pretty girl!" She said  grabbing Naomi.

Naomi put Mama Nicole's face in her hands and smiled from ear to ear, btw Naomi has the deepest dimples you'd ever seen. "You ready to go hang with Nana and GrandPa." Mama Nicole said in baby talk.

"Here you go. She got a bottle already made and extra outfits if y'all go somewhere. And when she be crying just give her, her pacifier and the teddy bear. She'll be alright." Dom said instructing his mom.

She gave him the look 😒 "I have three kids, I'm not new to this. Besides this my grandbaby. I got her. Say bye bye mommy and daddy."

"See you later Mook, mommy gonna miss you all day long." I said giving Naomi a kiss.

"Give dada kiss." Dom said putting his lips to hers. Then he put his finger in her hand. "See ya later Small Fry." He kissed her hand.

Mama Nicole waved and they left. Dom put his arm around my shoulder as we walked to our room. I sat on the bed as he walked into our closet and grabbed some clothes.. That were mine. "Here you go." He said handing them to me.

I looked at him confused. "Where are we going?"

"Just put it on baby. You'll see in a bit." He said putting his shoes on. He only had on a regular long sleeve t shirt, grey sweats and his Nike slides. He handed me a blue tank top, some jeans, my black jacket, and my black Jordan Flight Flex Trainer 2's. Why am I putting on clothes and he's not??

After getting dressed I walked out into the living room where Dom was waiting on me. "Ready?" He said with a smile.

"Sure." I said still not knowing where we were going.

We locked up and hopped in the Lexus. Dom drove. We drove for like 10 mins of silence. "So where are we going?"

"You'll see, don't worry baby. I got'chu." He said rubbing my thigh.