Chapter 14

"How long will you be gone?" Jenae' asked me as I rubbed her feet. I'm going to West Palm Beach for the weekend. I have to take Anyla back home.. And I want to talk to my dad.

"Just for the weekend baby. I'll be back Sunday night."

"I can't sleep right without you." She pouted.

"It'll only be two days."

"Two days too long." She wined.

I got up and grabbed my bag that I had packed for the weekend. "I gotta go baby. I'll be back before ya know it."

She looked really sad. I'm telling you Jenae' being pregnant makes her so much more emotional. She will literally cry over spilled milk.I was supposed to leave 3 hours ago but I stayed because she damn near cried and I'm a damn kiss up. But she's 9 months now and the baby will be here in two weeks. Thank God. "Don't be sad. I'll be back. John should be here any minute so he can be with you while I'm gone."

There was a knock at the door and then it opened. "See he right on time."

"It's ya boy John in this bitch!"

"Uncle that's bad to say!" I heard Anyla say.

"My bad niece, let me get a redo." He cleared his throat. "It's ya boy John and Lil NyNy in this crib!"

John said coming down the hall. "What's up broski? Sis what's with the sad face?"

"She don't want me to go." I said adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

"Man you gon be chilling with me. You gon forget all about this nigga." He said dropping his bag and hopping in the bed with her.

"You right. My best bud!" She said cheering up a little.

"Okay Ny give Jenae' a hug so we can go." I said to Anyla.

She went and gave her a hug. "See ya later Nae."

"Awe see ya next time sugar." Jenae' said kissing her forehead.

I went over and gave her a kiss. "I'll see you later. John take care of them while I'm gone."

"Man I got them." He turned to Jenae'. "We gon be turnt the fuck up." He said bouncing in the bed.

"Something happen to her, I got a B-U-L-L-E-T with your name on it." I said spelling out the word bullet cause I didn't want Anyla to hear it.

"Man gon I got her! Keep trying me like I'ma B-I-T-C-H I'ma put my foot up your A-S-S!

Jenae' was dying laughing. I just shook my head. "Love you." I said to Jenae' as I walked out.

"Love you too." She said back.

****

I had just dropped Anyla off back home to her mom. Driving around my old city all I could think about was my best friend LJ. There was not a spot in this city me and LJ didn't cause trouble at. Like the skating rink I just rolled passed. LJ and I got into our first real fight there.

And the movie theater down the street he and I took some girls there and that was first night I got laid. I just chuckled to myself. LJ was always the reason I did crazy shit. I miss miss my big bruh so much. So I found myself driving to the graveyard.

I walked to his grave and just sat down. I just stared at his tombstone. "Can you believe it's been 6 years since that pussy ass nigga took you away from us?" I said just shaking my head. "It's been 6 years since his fuck ass been gone too. And I'm telling ya now bruh I'd do that shit all ova again for ya bruh." I had so much pain in my heart. "Taking his life ain't bring you back.. And I truly wish it would have." A tear slid from my eye and I balled my fist. "But uh I had NyNy this weekend. She growing up real beautiful man. Everytime I see her smile I see you. I'm trying, I'm trying my best to do as I promised and take good care of her. And I hope I'm making you proud big bruh... I asked Jenae' to marry me." I smiled to myself. "We about to have a baby girl of our own. She due in two weeks and I'm so ready man. I hope I do good. Shid I pray to god I do good. Them two are all I look forward two when I get home."