Chapter 22

"Dominic, help me please." Jenae' cried out to me as she was on the ground covered in blood. She had her bloody arm reached out to me.

I tried with all my might to get to her but it's like the more I ran to her the farther away from me she got. "Dom I can't keep my eyes open." She said.

"No, I'm coming baby just hold on!" I said running to her with my hand stretched out towards her. As soon as I got to her it was too late. I dropped to my knees and picked her up in my arms. She was covered in blood. "AAAHHH!" I screamed out tears covering my face.

I quickly woke up, heart beating fast, and sweat dripping down my body. I wiped my sweat and looked around the room.

It's been about a month now, since Jenae' been gone. A MONTH. I can barely sleep and when I do I have nightmares, I barely eat, shower, I don't shave anymore so my beard is much thicker, and I don't let Naomi sleep with me anymore because I don't want me having nightmares to effect her.

My mother  walked into my room with a hollering Jenae'. My mom kinda lives here now to keep me from completely losing my mind, she helps with Naomi, and so ill stay off the streets. But that doesn't stop me from sending Marcus and Jermaine..

"See here go dada." She said trying to calm Naomi down. She saw me and poked her lip out like daddy come get me.

I got out the bed and grabbed her and she stopped crying and laid her head down on my shoulder. "So you giving Nana a hard time?" I said to Naomi.

"She just want to see her daddy face. Nana wanna see your face too. Stop being cooped up in this room. Come eat. I cooked breakfast." She said walking out the room.

I walked out into the dining room and had a seat in the chair. My mom set down a plate of grits, eggs, sausage and bacon. "Ma I'm really not that hungry for all this."

"Jaceyon, you better eat this food and I'm not gon tell you twice." She said. You know when my mother calls me by my middle name she not playing games.

I let out a breath. She gave me the eye. 😒 "Okay okay. Naomi you gon let daddy put you down so he can eat?" Naomi looked at me like nah bruh as she put her hand in her mouth. So stubborn.. Like Jenae'. 😔 I just sat her on my lap and began to eat.

I finished eating and I felt just a little bit better. My mom grabbed the plate and went to the sink to wash it off, at that moment my brothers walked through the door.

"Yo Dom, come take a ride with us." Marcus said to me.

"Ion--" I began to say.

"Trust me bruh, you wanna come on this ride with us. Ma watch Nay." John said.

I knew it had to be something. I went in my room and put on some clothes and walked back out. I walked outside and we all got in Marcus's truck. "So what's up?" I said.

"We think we found a away to get in touch with him." Marcus said.

"How?" I asked.

"We caught this nigga following us. He was following us all day, so we followed him and caught him slipping." Jermaine said.

"And where he at now?" I asked.

"We got him locked up."

***
We took a back road into some woods until we pulled up at this little shack. When you lived the life we lived it's not really hard to find places like this. We got out and walked in.