Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Are you finished yet?" She asked Grayson.

"Almost." He said leading her. "I just want one necklace, and maybe a watch."

"Ok." Grace said. They walked into the jewlery store and Grayson made her pick out something, while he did and picked them out matching watches.

"Ooo." Grace whispered looking at a golden chain. She asked the lady for it and she returned with one. Grace tried it on with a smile. "Ok I got what I want."

"Right here." He said taking it and looking at it. "Ok." He paid for everything and then they left.

"I'm so tired." Grayson said.

"We've been out all day." Grace said. "I'm ready for a shower and sleep. And maybe something to eat."

"Same." Grayson said following her into the hotel room. "You know what. Imma hook you up on a date."

"No!" Grace said.

"What?" Grayson asked. "You got a boyfriend I don't know about?"

"No what if I don't like him?"

"Them you don't like him, but I'm hooking you up. I got somebody in mind. He perfect for you."

"Ok." Grace said knowing she had no choice. "I'll go on your blind date."

"Good." Grayson said.

"I'm going to the vending machine I'll be back." Grace said trying to slip out.

"Ok." Grayson said. "Don't come back too soon. You might see something you don't want to."

"Please not in here. I sleep here also." Grace asked leaving. She called Jerome and he picked up on the third ring.

"I miss you." He said. "I'm tripping without seeing you."

"Awe. I miss you, too." Grace said looking around for the vending machine. "Sorry I couldn't talk for too long earlier. What did you want?"

"It can wait until you come back." He said. "Imma FaceTime you." He told her hanging up.

It was five minutes before Grace got a call from Jerome. She answered sitting outside and eating her snacks she bought.

"Sorry bout that. I'm home now." He said. "You should spend the night at my place when you get back. I could use the comfort."

"I'll put it on my to do list." She said.

"Put me on your to do list." He requested in a soft panty dropping voice.

"I'm out of space." Grace said.

"Awe." Jerome said. "I have you on my to do list. And nothing on my list stays undone for long."

"Except me." Grace said pointing at herself. "I'm an exception."

"No, but you're beautiful." He said with a smile.

Grace just stared at him with a smile on her face. He flipped the screen and Saint looked over at Jerome. Deira looked up also and smiled at Jerome.

"Who is she?" Grace said with anger hinting and her facial expression changing.

Jerome turned the camera back around. "Think about it like this. If I was fucking her, you wouldn't know her. I wouldn't have shown her on camera. I ain't cheating babe. She just be helping me out with Saint."

"Yeah, I don't know her. I can't trust her around you."

"Trust me though. I swear I'll never cheat." Jerome said laying back down. "I could understand if you don't though. Because I don't trust your new guy friend."

"You don't have to keep saying that." Grace said. "It makes me insercure. And don't bring up Kelly."

"Ok I'll try not to say it or bring it up anymore." He said.

They spent another two hours on the phone before Jerome decided to get off. Grace went back upstairs and into her room.

"Where the fuck were you? It don't take two hours to get snacks." Grayson said riding her as soon as she got inside.

Grace searched her brain. "I met a guy downstairs and we were talking."

"What's his name?"

"I don't have to tell you. You're so overprotective." Grace said walking past him.

"I'm hella protective. I don't trust these niggas with you."

"Not even your own niggas?"

"Defiantly not my niggas. They not even the last people I trust with you. My niggas ain't shit and don't deserve you." Grayson said.

"Well, who do you trust me with?" Grace asked.

"Somebody with a future. Nobody there, in our city." He said.

"But you're setting me up with someone from there."

"No I'm not. He from out of town. He new there." Grayson said. "I got this lil sis chill."

"Where are you going?" Grace asked.

"To the club. It's Saturday night and I know it's gonna be some hoes in there." He said. "Behave. Don't have nobody up here. I'm out."