Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

"She busy tonight. I don't know with what though." Jerome said. Frank smiled. "What?"

"You basically just said if Grace wasn't doing nothing you'd go spend time with her." Frank said. "You catching the feels."

"Naw man, don't try me on that shit." Jerome said. "I'm still just tryna fuck."

Grace's brother checked her out during third period to take her out of town.

"I'm ready to spend some money." Grayson said when they got on the road. "I ain't never been to Daytona."

"I thought you were coming for me?"

"Yeah, you can get something too." Grayson said.

"Gray, you're gonna be there right?" Grace asked.

"Of course. I can't leave you there. I'm your protector and I refuse to let someone hurt you." Grayson said getting a smile out of Grace.

"Awe." She giggled. "I love you."

"I love you, too big head." He said turning the radio up. They were on the road for two hours with mild conversation before Grace had a question she'd been dying to ask.

"Grayson how come you don't have any kids?" Grace asked.

Grayson shrugged. "Why you tryna have babies? What nigga been in your ear?"

"No no no, it's just you're a drug dealer and most drug dealers have kids." Grace said with a smile.

"Well, I'm not stupid and I wrap my shit up." He said.

"Do you want kids?"

"No, that's what I got you for. You have the babies and I'll spoil them." He said. "Not any time soon though."

"Yeah, well what about a girlfriend."

"I don't love these hoes." Grayson said. "I fuck 'em?"

"What if somebody said that about me?" Grace asked.

"You already know the drill. I beat they ass." Grayson said.

"So why do you say it about other girls?"

"Because they're not the last woman in my life." He said. "You're all I got."

"Have you ever tried making up with dad?" Grace asked softly.

"No, and I don't plan on it." He said. "He doesn't want me around, and I'm not gotta force myself to be around someone who doesn't want me around."

"Ok." Grace said dropping the conversation.

They rode for another silence two hours. Grayson got a phone call and stayed on the phone for an hour leaving Grace with nothing to do. She eventually took over driving, because Grayson was falling asleep. When they arrived in Daytona the sun was just starting to set. Grayson told Grace where to go and how to get to the hotel. He checked them in and they went to there room.

"I'm ready to go eat." Grayson said. "Hurry and put your things up."

"I'm ready to go." Grace said after putting all her stuff down.

"Let's go then." Grayson put the directions in and he drove them to a buffet. "Ready to eat like a fat mothafucka?"

"Yeah." Grace said laughing. They waited in line to be seated and when they did Grayson decided to get to plate first. Grace went shortly after making her plate.

Considering she was a picky eater she spent a longer time deciding what she wanted. After deciding on a few things she wanted she checked once more to see if anything else caught her eye.

"Having trouble picking?" A waiter asked. Grace looks up and her bottom lip almost dropped at the sight of the beautiful male infront of her.

He was darkskin with a nice white smile, and thick waves. He was way taller than Grace and was skinny. He wore black framed glasses and a hat. He looked good even in a uniform.

"Um no." Grace said. "I'm fine."

He bit his lip. "Ok, well my name's Jearreu, what's your's?" He asked clearly flirting with Grace.

"Grace?" She said pushing her hair back.

"Beautiful name. I'm sure it's an accurate representation of you. Gracefull." He said. "I would love to take you out sometime. Can I have your number?"

"Hell no." Grayson said. "You can't have my sister number. Dawg get back to work fo' I bust yo ass about mines. Come on Grace."

"Sorry." Grace said following her brother back to their table. "I wasn't gonna give him my number."

"Atleast now he won't ask for it anymore." Grayson said. "Besides you got better things to focus on than some lousy nigga."

"He wasn't ugly though." Grace said. Grayson shook his head and sighed.

"I don't care how fine you think a nigga is. Looks ain't shit. Take me as an example. I'm fine as fuck and I'm a dog."

Grace frowned. "I don't care about you."

"Look we're here for two days, not even two full days. That's not enough time to be falling in love and shit."

"I don't wanna fall in love." Grace said.

"No I'm the only one not falling in love. You gotta find a man that loves you and cares for you. And I approve of." Grayson said. "I want some neices and nephews."

Grace pouted getting up to get another plate. Grayson came with her just to make sure no one else hit on her. They finished eating and went back to the hotel to go to sleep.