Keldeo X Reader: Little Adventurer

(Y/N) - Your Name
The third of four part requested by @angela495 Hope you enjoy this one!

The Swords of Justice had to leave on a quest to save a continent from its doom. Little Keldeo wasn't properly trained to officially go on missions, so as their friend, you stepped in to look after him. You arrived just as the trio were about to cast off on their adventure with a pouting Keldeo right behind them.

"Come on! Why can't I come with you guys?!" The small red haired boy whined.
"It's not safe for you to go on missions yet, Keldeo. I wouldn't want to see you get hurt." Virizion tells him as she checks her inventory.
"Hands-on experience should be a lot more beneficial for me than sitting here waiting for you three to come back!" The boy argued.
"You will not go on any mission before you past my trial. You've yet to land a hit-" Cobalion blocked Keldeo's wooden sword with his stainless steel blade. "On me." He lightly smacks the red head with the handle of his weapon.
"Ow! What was that for?!" He held onto the small hump forming on his head.
"Cobalion! I thought I told you not to do that again!" Virizion drew her grass forged blade and healed the injury quickly.

She then gives a mini lesson to the leader. As she ranted on, you, Keldeo, and Terrakion stood on the sidelines watching.

"Hmm. And they say I'm the irresponsible one." The stone knight remarked in a hushed voice.
"Please Terrakion! Out of everyone, you should be the one to understand why I have to go!" Keldeo pleaded again.
"Keldeo listen. If there's one thing I learned from those two, mainly Virizion, is that any person should rush into a battle without at least an idea of who's the enemy. I made that mistake and nearly died, but she got me back to full strength while Cobalion fended off the beast. And if you came along, who would protect our home? Who would protect (Y/N)?" Terrakion looked up to you.

Keldeo became quiet after your name was mentioned. Terrakion quietly approached you.

"Well I should probably cut this lecture short." He called upon his sacred blade he acquired at the heart of Twist Mountain to cause a light tremor, but powerful enough to silence them. "We should be going before the situation gets out of hand."
"Spoken like a true leader." Cobalion sighed in relief that Virizion stopped.
"I was just about finished anyway. (Y/N), thanks so much for coming through on such short notice!" The knight of nature expressed her gratitude.
"No problem! I wanted to come here anyway!" You gave them a thumbs up.
"If you want, you can check out my room! You'll know which one is it." She smiled.
"Perfect! We should get going now. Let's go!" Cobalion ordered.
"Right!" Virizion and Terrakion respond.

The three transformed into their Pokemon form and went to the mission site. Keldeo stared into the distance for a few more moments before returning to the dojo known as his house. You entered the home and you were just amazed. It was a lot more spacious than it looked with a bamboo sword rack, multiple sets of armor, an impressive kitchen, classy dining room, and the individual rooms of its residents. Cobalion's room was sealed with an iron door. 'Of course it is,' you thought. He had trust issues when it came to his personal things. The only time you were able to see inside his room was that one time at night when the door was a crack opened. He was snuggled up on his bed with his blanket covering his whole body, leaving his head visible. You thought this was adorable. Terrakion's room was basically a cave with its stone walls, extraordinary wall paintings (who knew), a flat stone desk and a sand colored bed. You quickly laid down on the mattress; it was really soft and warm like sand on a sunny day at the beach. You hopped out and explored the room that you were given permission to look around in, Virizion's room! Her room was practically a flower garden. She had one of each type of flower lined up on one side of her room, paintings on the walls, different kinds of paint in the corner and her bed. You laid on it. Like Terrakion's, it was soft, but firm in all the right places for you. You exited her room and searched for Keldeo. Minutes later, you found him in his room. It was fairly small compared to the others. Blue walls, a collection of books that focuses on being a hero, and a small fountain in the center.

"So Keldeo, what do you usually do around here?" You asked, not knowing how to take care of him.
"Mainly train with Terrakion and try to beat Cobalion." That gave you an idea.
"Really?" You got a mischievous grin on your face.
"Yea...OW!" You smacked him with the bamboo.
"We have a lot of work to do then."
"Why did you hit me?!" Keldeo held the same spot where Cobalion struck him.
"Well first off you must be prepared for any surprise attacks..." You began your lesson.

~one week later~
"Finally back!" Virizion leapt to the front yard.
"(Y/N)! Keldeo! We're back!" Terrakion ran inside.

The trio entered, but you nor Keldeo were seen inside.

"Where are those two...?" Cobalion gets stabbed (metaphorically) in the back.
"Who goes...!" He stops when he saw the assailant.
"Gotcha! Own I can go on missions too!" Keldeo smirks while holding his aquatic crystal like blade in his Resolute Form.
"You're welcome." You step into the room winking.

Not only Keldeo found his new power, but he was secretly happy that he could protect you if need be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No this isn't the Christmas special, but I did draw this in school and just colored it this morning!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------No this isn't the Christmas special, but I did draw this in school and just colored it this morning!

This is my way of saying thank you for being so patient with me. Of course I will do the drawing for the Christmas special once I know what it will be. Hope you're having a good Christmas Eve!