Skarmory X Reader: True Defender

(Y/N) - Your Name
(K/N) - Kingdom's Name
This part has been requested by @Flygo72 I hope you enjoy reading!

You were an elegant princess of (K/N). Many of your people adored you and your presence. Others wanted to overthrow you since you were next in line to take the throne. To ensure your safety, your parents have fortified the castle's security by hiring very skilled knights, Pokemon and even Pokemon that turned into humans! You had to select a personal guard to defend and serve you personally. There were a variety of people to choose from. There were butlers skilled in wielding knives and daggers, cavaliers that used swords and lances on horseback, and a few narcissistic soldiers that cared about themselves more than protecting you. One knight caught your eye more than anyone else.

"You in the silver and red armor. What's your name?" You asked politely. The other soldiers were surprised by how gentle your voice was.
"I am Skarmory, Princess (Y/N)." Skarmory bowed as he introduced himself.
"Father, the sword." Your father handed you your rapier, a blade only used by royalty.

(How a rapier looks like ^^^)You commence the ceremony of making Skarmory your guardian

You commence the ceremony of making Skarmory your guardian. Skarmory kneeled on one knee. You rested your blade on his right shoulder.

"You were once a former soldier of (K/N)," You raised your blade and rested it on his left shoulder.
"By this day forth, you will now be a royal guardian protecting me, Princess (Y/N)."

You honestly didn't know why you had to say your own name in the ceremony. Everyone already knew who you were! You then concluded that it was probably based on tradition or something.

"As your guardian, I will put my life on the line every minute to protect you. My blade is at your command, and I'm at your beckon call. It's an honor being able to to serve you, Lady (Y/N)." Skarmory the got up to bow once again.

~a month later~
After all this time, your parents were setting up an arranged marriage. In order to carry on your lineage, you had to marry royalty. You truly wanted to change this rule as you hated the man you were supposedly going to marry. You've already had found the person you loved in your castle. You called for Skarmory as he came no more than five seconds later.

"Yes, Lady (Y/N)?" He entered your room.
"Skarmory, how do you feel about arranged marriages? Please be honest." You asked for the truth.
"I say that those arrangements are despicable. Forcing two people to get married only for the parents to benefit is sickening. No offense, Lady (Y/N)." He said.
"None taken. So, what would you say if that I would rather marry someone in this castle rather than that jerk?" You asked.
"I would congratulate you on finding the one if there were different circumstances." He said.
"Well, I..." You stopped hearing the window shatter behind you.
"Lady (Y/N)!!!" Skarmory quickly put you behind him as a intruder entered the room.
"Just hand over the princess and no one will get hurt." The intruder demanded.
"I'd rather die than let you even gaze upon her!" Skarmory unsheathed his blade.

The intruder revealed his dagger and proceeded to fight Skarmory. You hid in your closet in hopes that it will protect you from any attacks that could accidentally injure you. As a attack hit the closet, something tapped your leg. You look down and saw your rapier! You jumped a little in excitement that you can fight back and defend yourself. You waited for an opening as the fight went on. The intruder knocks Skarmory to the floor and puts his dagger on his throat.

"Looks like I'll be getting to see the princess after all." The intruder said.
"Then allow me to give you your prize!" You burst out of the closet and slashed the intruder across the chest.
"ARRRRRGH!" They fall to the floor. Skarmory then dragged the intruder to a jail cell underneath the castle.

As he came back up, you kissed him as if it was the last kiss before you died.

"L-Lady (Y/N)?!" Skarmory's face was cover in crimson red.
"Skarmory, I love you. I know it's breaking the rules of royalty, but I can't suppress my feelings any longer. I don't want to marry that idiot just to be miserable!" You hugged him and cried a little on his chest.
"Lady (Y/N), I love you too."
"R-Really?"
"Yes." He kissed you gently as you kissed back.

Later on, you and Skarmory confronted your parents about the marriage. Instead of the prince you despised, you would marry Skarmory. Your parents laughed and laughed, but then you mentioned about you almost getting kidnapped. Your fiancé didn't save you, Skarmory did. If that prince can't protect you, why marry him? After what has been an hour of talking, your parents finally gave up and called off the marriage and let you decide when you were going to marry Skarmory. When you felt it was time, you married Skarmory and you two were the future King and Queen of (K/N).