Gengar X Reader: Two Souls

(Y/N) - Your Name
This part was requested by @KittenTheKittyKat Hope you enjoy!

Working in a graveyard. Why the hell did you accept this job? To dig graves and bury the dead? Oh yeah, you're broke. Having a dead father and a drunkard of a mother didn't really suit you well, so you ran. Needing money to get a place, you hunted for jobs in the area. Lucky, but not so luckily at the same time, this came up. You felt so shaken and tense in the huge final resting place for spirits. One night, you had to patrol the yard for any delinquents roaming disturbing the lands eternal rest. It was eerily cold with a slight mist in the air. You were walking alone with only a flashlight to guide you.

"Brrr... I should've brought a sweater for this." You whispered to yourself, shivering.

Rubbing your hands together, you resumed your route around the tombstones. You felt colder as you walked through some mist.

"Ugh, I really wished I had something other than a flashlight."
"Allow me to help then, miss night guard."

Your heart stopped for a moment. You slowly turned around and pointed the flashlight forward. A red eyed man, with purple hair, purple scarf, purple shirt, purple pants, pitch black shoes, dark purple gloves, with a duplicate scarf in them. You screamed and ran as fast as you could away from the guy. You trip on a small grave and passed out. When you woke up, you were in a warm room in a cozy bed. You nearly fell asleep again, until you remembered you're supposed to be in the cemetery. You sprung out of bed, then back to the bed when the same guy appeared out of thin air.

"Well, well, well. You're an early bird. Did the scarf help you sleep?" You felt the soft fabric around your neck.
"Um, yeah. Thanks. But, where the hell am I?!" You shouted.
"You're in my section of the graveyard. I'm surprised you didn't discover it already." He said, walking closer to you.
"Uh, how do I get back to where I was?" You asked, looking for any possible escape route, but found none.
"I'll show you. Get up." You got off the bed. He wrapped his arms around you.
"Hey! What are you doing?!"
"It's part of the process."

You start to feel lighter than usual. You see your body fading away.

"Ahh..!" You tried to keep your composure.
"Jeez. It was a lot easier when you were asleep."

You body and spirit got absorbed into the guy. You saw his soul for a brief moment. It was a dark purple, but turned to a lighter shade. Your soul mixed with his to create a pinkish hue for him. Your souls and bodies split and you're back in the graveyard.

"What just happened?" You couldn't comprehend what took place.
"You were part ghost to travel through the earth. If you want to come back, knock on this grave." The flat stone tombstone eroded too much to be legible.
"Who are you?"
"Gengar. You?"
"(Y/N)."
"Nice name. See you again, hopefully." He sunk back to the ground.

While questioning the laws of physics, you felt at ease now since Gengar was with you.