51 | Filet the Bitch

Start from the beginning

"What irony?" Regina wondered.

"Oh. I spent more time than I care to remember trying to leave this place to kill Rumplestiltskin... you know, after my sister left," Killian explained. "And here I am, sailing right back into its heart with him as my guest of honor. It's not quite the happy ending I was hoping for."

Regina was quiet. "Greg Mendell said something funny to me. He said I'm a villain, and that villains don't get happy endings," Regina recited. "You believe that?"

"I hope not," Killian answered, looking down at where his sister silently sat. She had hardly said two words the entire voyage. "Or we've wasted our lives."

Meanwhile, Emma Swan was getting yet another pep talk from her parents.

"We'll find Henry," David said, finishing the speech.

"No, you won't," Rumplestiltskin corrected, gaining everyone's attention. Looking over at him, he had worn a new outfit.

"Oh, that's a great use of our time," Killian sarcastically remarked. "A wardrobe change."

"I'm gonna get Henry," Rumplestiltskin declared.

"We agreed to do this together," Indiana pointed out.

"Actually, we made no such agreement," Rumplestiltskin corrected. "I want to succeed."

"What makes you think I'm gonna fail?" Emma Swan snapped.

"Well, how could you not? You don't believe in your parents or in magic or even yourself," Rumplestiltskin listed.

"I slayed a dragon," she reminded them. "I think I believe."

"Only what was shown to you," Rumplestiltskin corrected once again. "When have you ever taken a real leap of faith? You know, the kind where there's absolutely no proof? I've known you some time, Ms. Swan, and sadly, despite everything you've been through, you're still just that bail bondsperson, looking for evidence. Well, dearie, that's not gonna work in Neverland.

"I'll do whatever it takes," Emma vowed in determination.

"Well, you just need someone to tell you what that is," Rumplestiltskin replied. "Sorry, dearie. Our foe is too fearsome for handholding. Just ask Indiana. Neverland is a place where imagination runs wild, and sadly... yours doesn't."

He spun his cane faster and faster before it ultimately fell to the ground and disappeared, along with Rumplestiltskin.

➖➖➖

PRESENT
NEVERLAND

"Hey!"

Indiana Jones was in the middle of mapping out her escape plan. Well, she was in the middle of trying to come up with a plan in the first place, but it was still a start. No matter how much she thought about it, there seemed to be no possible way to simply get off of Neverland. This had to be apart of Peter Pan's plan. Maybe he wanted to keep her on Neverland forever just like they originally planned...

"Psst!"

What seemed to be bothering Indiana the most was the fact that Peter Pan knew she was on the island. She knew he knew. She could just imagine the stupid smirk on his stupid face.

She didn't need anyone to inform her for her to know. She knew her boyfriend—or was it ex-boyfriend—was observing her. He was listening to her thoughts, even if she wasn't thinking of anything. She couldn't think of anything—that was the issue. Her mind was an unpainted canvas.

"Oi!"

"Oh, bloody hell, shut up!" Indiana shouted in frustration, snapping her head around. Almost instantaneously, she made eye contact with someone. A pair of eyes peered out at her, one being electric blue whereas the other was dirt brown. Indiana felt her eye twitch. "Oh, hell no."