Chapter 54

Jason's pov

I get a text from Luke around 3 AM. I sigh and click into it.

L: where's Miranda? I know you have her!

J: we sure do. Stay away from her! I haven't told her what you said but dammit I want to!

L: Don't you dare! It was an accident! I didn't mean to say that.

J: stay away from my sister!

*the next day*

Miranda's pov

I'm super confused. Why doesn't Sierra want me to go home? Kelly climbs into my lap. "When are we going home mama?" I glare at my sister. "Right now sweetie pie. Daddy's probably home now." Sierra elbows Jason. "Tell her!" Huh? "Tell me what?" I ask. He sighs. "Luke and I had a fight and he said some really bad things." "What things?" I ask, getting frustrated. "I said you were too good for him and he called you a...." But he doesn't finish his sentence. "A what?" I ask through grit teeth. Sierra elbows him in the gut and he glares at her. "A stripper." My sister finally says. Normally I'd be sad and probably crying. But I'm nothing but pissed. I was about to stomp out to tell him off but Jason grabbed my wrist. "He didn't mean to call you that. He was just mad and he doesn't really think that about you." He says quickly.

Jason's pov

Sierra grabs my shoulder. "I don't want her going back to him." She says. I sigh. "Sierra it isn't our choice." Miranda sits on the couch, Kelly in her lap. "What are we gonna do?" She whimpers, crying. I wish I never told her. Just then the door slams open. Luke! "You told her, didn't you?" He gripes angrily. I nod.

*later*

"You shouldn't have let her go back with him." I glare at the ceiling, frustrated. I just don't know what to do anymore.