Chapter 24

Jason's pov

I was listening to roll on by Alabama when my phone rings. I answer it to Tyler Hubbard. "Hey brother, what's up?" I ask leaning back. "We have a song for you." He says. "Cool I'll be down in a few minutes." I hang up and go tell Sierra and the kids. "Hey guys, THubb and BK have a song for me so I'm gonna go check it out and be back in time for dinner, uh unless ya need me to stay?" "You can go. I'll see you in a bit I guess." I smile and kiss her cheek. "See y'all." I pat Ben's head and hug Anna and Thomas. "Love y'all." "Love you too daddy." I get to BK's house and Tyler's at the piano. "Hey man, so how's that song?" He plays the piano and Brian plays the guitar. He closes his eyes and sings the song. "She puts on her work clothes fishnet and pantyhose she's got a nickname everybody knows at the gentleman's club, she clocks in at midnight even though it never feels right, she makes her money one dollar at a time!" Whoa. This song makes me think of Miranda. "Black tears raining down from the eyes of an angel in a sinner's town, if all the pain would just disappear, she'd quit cryin', yeah she'd quit cryin' black tears!" Whoa. Chilling. I don't know if Miranda would be offended or she'd like it but I definitely love this song. "Thanks guys. I definitely wanna cut it." Brian smiles. "I knew you'd like it." Tyler finishes the piano and hands me a copy of the song.

Miranda's pov

*a few weeks later*

"She reveals and they all cheer! And then she cries black tears! Jealous of the innocent, sometimes she's convinced the boss man is still a friend she needs. She's tried everything, cheap sex and cocaine anything to hide the pain for a little while! The wrong kinda famous in her mama's eyes, you can tell she knows it when she cries..... Black tears! Rollin' down!" I shakily back up, tears soaking my cheeks. How could he do something like that to me. Sierra looks over at me worried. I stare back at her, my hands shaking. I take off running.

Jason's pov

"Great show boys!" Mike says. "And Jason that last song, bone chilling." I smile. "I'm really lucky to have BK and THubb on my team." "JASON ALDEAN!!!!!!" Uh oh. I turn around. "Hey girl what's up?" "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?! YOU KNOW HOW SENSITIVE I AM ABOUT THAT!!!" She screams while crying. I sigh. "Hun, it's just a song!" "No it isn't, Jason, you have seriously crossed the line. I don't think I can ever forgive you for this." I sigh. "Come on Miranda it's just a song the FGL boys wrote for me." "Screw you, Jason!" She stomps away, fists clenched. "Now what do I do?" I mumble. "You messed up this time, Jason." Uh oh. I turn around to Sierra. "Come on hun you're gonna freak on me too over a song!?" "Jason, you know she hates even the mention of it! And you have a song about it!?" "I didn't write it!" "You shoulda said no." Ugh. Now what do I do? "I'm going to Miranda's to make sure she's alright, but Jason, you have to make this right."

Miranda's pov

I thought he was my friend. I sob into a pillow at home and Luke comes home from the studio. "How was the show?" "Just shut up, Luke!" I yell running upstairs and crying. He appears seconds later asking what's the matter. I tell him about what happened. "Oh man, hun, he wasn't trying to upset you." "I don't give a shit just go away!" I yell, pulling the blanket over my head.

Jason's pov

I hit the bar frustrated and confused. Who knew cutting a song would throw me in the doghouse with my wife and sister in law! Now what do I do? Luke sits down seconds later. "Hey man." I say. He grunts in reply. "Aw come on man, you ain't pissed at me too are you?" He sighs. "I'm not pissed about the song man, I'm pissed that my wife is pissed cause she's pissed at me too!" "I really screwed up this time huh man?" He sighs. "I don't know bro."

*later*

I go to Luke's to make things right. I walk in and call her name. Suddenly a vase is hurled at my head. "Jeez I know you're mad but do you really have to throw a damn vase at my head?!" She walks out sobbing and something white in her hand. "W-Where is Luke?" She shakily whimpers. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?" This isn't just about the song. I can tell. She runs over making me scream in surprise thinking she was gonna attack me but she cries and hugs me. "What's wrong?" I gape thoroughly confused. I wrap my arms around her. "Oh Jason, I'm pregnant!"