Chapter 15

Jason's pov

We were killing time while we waited for the show tonight, just walking the streets of Georgia. "It sure is good to be home." "And your mom sure was excited to babysit." Sierra says. I smile at her. "We're goin' muddin' aren't we?" She asks, also smiling. I nod and grab her hand. We go back to mom's and Ben was playing in the grass outside. I pick him up and tell mom what we're doing. "You be careful with my grandbaby." She calls making us both laugh. I pull the four wheeler out.

*later that night*

"Who's ready to rock?!" I walk to the edge of the stage, mic in hand. "I don't know about you guys, but I've got a sweet little somethin' in the crowd tonight." I pull her onstage and break into that song. The fans singing along, getting every word right. I spin and dip Sierra. "Keep ya out til the sun comes up, girl ya got that serious sweet little somethin' like you! Girl slide there across that seat, lookin' so damn good to me hey babe right now I have a sweet little somethin' like you." I dip her again and kiss her. "Hey Jason, that guy wants to ask his girl to marry him, I think you know what to do." I smile, my arms around her waist. "And this is why you're my other half." I never woulda noticed. I hold her hand and turn back to the crowd. "I heard from a little birdy someone here has a surprise." I get someone to settle the spotlight on them. I help them both onstage. "What's your name, good sir?" "Mike." "Aww hey that's my manager's name. And miss your name?" "Alana. Mike what's going on?" He smiles and holds her hand. I give him the mic and step back. "This is a proposal she'll never forget." "It makes me think of us. Our wedding was great, you and your three month long pregnancy." "And you and your cowboy hat that you refuse to take off." She says, hands on my shoulders. She takes my hat off, I'm drenched in sweat from the lights. But she doesn't care. She blocks our faces from the crowd and we share a kiss. Then I hear Alana scream in shock. "Oh yes!" "Another happy couple." She says, laying her head on my shoulder.

*a few days later*

Sierra runs in the living room with her laptop. "Jason check this out. Someone interviewed that couple." She clicks play. "We actually met through Jason's music." Alana says. I recognize the interviewer as Bobby Bones. "We went to his concert in Kentucky on the eighth. Met there, got a couple drinks, and the rest was history." "What's your favorite song of Jason's?" "He sang it the other night at the concert." Then they both say sweet little somethin' at the same time. I love that. My music has brought a couple together. Just like me and my Sierra. I'd be nothing without her.