Chapter 30

Anna's pov

I stay away from everyone else since I know they'll make fun of me for only having one arm. Then one girl walks over. "Hi I'm Samantha. What's your name?" "Anna." I shakily say. She smiles and grabs my hand.

Jason's pov

*later*

I go to pick Anna and Thomas up when I see her and some girl playing with play dough. "Cute." "Hey Anna, time to go home sweety." "Oh but dad I don't want to!" She gasps, making me laugh. "You'll come back tomorrow." "Yay! See you tomorrow Sam, I'll miss you!" She says, hugging the other girl. We get back home and the girls are gone. I text Sierra asking where she is but I don't get a reply.

Miranda's pov

I was at the bar. Of course I couldn't drink but I was sitting there trying to collect myself. A guy sits beside me and orders a Budweiser. "Hey ya look a little down." He says. I sigh and stare at my coke can. "The father of my baby turned out to be a jackass." I say, wanting to cry just thinking about Luke. "Hey the name's Alan by the way." "Miranda." I say. He walks away and I lay my head on the bar miserable then tonight looks good on you starts playing and Alan walks back over. "Care to dance with me?" I smile and take his outstretched hand. We go out onto the dance floor. "You look beautiful." He whispers, a hand on my hip, the other holding my hand against his chest as we sway to the music. "You do know I'm pregnant right?" He nods. "That makes you strong and brave too. Especially with the father being an ass." I blush, tears fill my eyes. He hugs me as I cry. "It's gonna be okay. I've got you." We get off the dance floor and I rest my hands against the bar, trying hard not to start sobbing. Alan's hands slip around my waist, making my eyes go wide in surprise. "I'll take care of you and the baby. Where ya stayin' pretty girl?" "With my sister and her family." I whisper. I shakily turn around. He smiles and holds my hand. "What do you want to do?" He asks. I want to go with him. It's been a long time since I've been intimate with a man after what Luke did to me. "And you aren't at all worried about taking care of someone else's child?" He chuckles softly, "Of course not." He kisses me gently. My whole body burns with longing, my hands shaking as they wrap around his neck. He holds me tight.

*later*

Jason's pov

I wake up hearing mumbling. "I don't know Alan. It's just been so long for me. I'm scared." "Don't be scared baby. I won't do nothin' you don't want me to do." What's going on down there? Who's Alan? I walk out into the hall overlooking the living room. My sister in law was making out with some guy who I'm assuming is Alan. Maybe they met at the bar. "Hey! What's going on down there?" I shout anyway. She screams in surprise and I try not to laugh. I walk down the stirs and she gives me the evilest glare I've ever seen on her. "Who-" "My sister's husband. He can be a bit of a butt sometimes." "What are you two doing down here?" "Nothin'." She mutters glaring at me. His arms around her waist. "Where's your oxygen tank Jason?" Ooh that's cold. "You suck." I mutter. She laughs. "No I don't. You heard the doctor." I roll my eyes and turn to go upstairs. "No getting cozy on my couch. If you wanna have some fun go to what's his face's house." "His name is Alan. Go back upstairs, redneck." I laugh.

Miranda's pov

"I'm so sorry about him. He loves to prank people." I mumble embarrassed. He laughs softly. "It's fine. Pick ya up tomorrow for lunch?" I smile. "I'd love that." He gives me one last kiss goodbye then he leaves.