Chapter 40

Jason's pov

I was watching football when my phone rang. Miranda. I answer with a smile. "I have a favor to ask." She says instantly. I was gonna tell her about me walking her down the aisle when she said that. "What is it?" "Luke gets Kelly this weekend but... I don't really want my baby girl alone with him." Uh oh. "What is it you need me to do?" "Go and supervise this afternoon. But don't let Luke know." Man I don't think she'll ever trust Luke again. Then again he did lie to her their whole marriage. "Ok I'll do it." "Thank you so much, Jason! I knew I could count on you." I smile.

*later*

Luke doesn't suspect me supervising he thinks I'm just hanging out. "Man she's a beautiful baby girl." He says, smiling. I smile too. "Hey Luke you know Miranda's getting married to Alan right?" His eyes go wide. "What?" He gasps. "Yeah. He proposed in the woods." He sighs. "I wish it didn't end so badly between us." If you weren't screwing around your whole marriage it wouldn't have. But I keep that to myself.

Miranda's pov

Jason texts me.

J: everything is going fine. I have to talk to you about something important.

M: swing on by. Thanks by the way.

J: :) no problem. I'm on my way. I have Kelly too.

Good. I was worried. Twenty minutes later, Jason walks up, holding my 1 and a half month old. I smile when he hands her to me. We both sit down. "So what's up?" "Remember at the party you were scared since you didn't have anyone to walk you down the aisle?" He asks, scratching his arm. "Yeah." I put Kelly in her bouncer and sit back down. "Well I was wondering maybe I do it." My eyes go wide. "Really? You'd do that for me?" I gasp. He smiles. "It'd be my honor." "Oh Jason thank you so much. Gosh you've done so much for me since we met." "Of course girl, you're my sister."

*later*

I was singing Kelly to sleep. "And you walk with me and you talk with me and you tell me I am of your own, and as we terry there in the querry there none other shall ever know." I kiss her sleeping forehead. After laying her down, I tell Alan what Jason plans to do. He hugs me. "I'm really glad hun."

*a few weeks later*

I was in my dressing room, listening to music from Cole Swindell's new CD. "But maybe this time...."

Jason's pov

"Stay downtown. Keep movin' your heels on the dance floor let the bartender pour you up another round." I smile listening to her singing. I walk in her room. She takes her headphones out. "Hey, you ready?" She smiles. "I'm really glad you're doing this, Jason." "I'm really glad to be doing it." I say. We walk to the doors. She hugs me. "I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me." "Sweetheart, you've thanked me enough by letting me be with your sister. She's my whole world. She and the kids." We link arms and they open the door. I walk her down the aisle then sit beside Sierra. "That was so beautiful." I smile and kiss her. "I am so glad that I did that."

Miranda's pov

We've exchanged vows and Alan holds a hand up to silence the preacher. I'm confused. "Can Sierra bring our daughter up here?" He asks. She looks just as surprised. What's going on?" She brings Kelly up here and he takes her. I'm glad Alan will be the dad for my baby girl. "Kelly, my sweet little girl," He says then he repeats his vows to her! Oh my gosh that was the sweetest thing I've ever seen! I hug them both tightly. He's got tears in his eyes too. "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you and Kelly." He whispers. "I now pronounce you husband and wife." The preacher says. He kisses me hard.

*later*

I'm married to the man of my dreams. I gladly lay my head against his chest. Our baby girl down the hall. My life is so perfect!