Chapter 22

Miranda's pov

Me, Jason, Luke, and Sierra are all hanging at a club to celebrate Sierra's getting well.

Jason's pov

I pull Sierra onto the dance floor and we dance to boot scootin' boogie. I twirl her and she giggles. I love this girl so much and our three kids. "Hey oh man is that Carlotta?" I hear someone say. I turn around and see two guys walking over to Miranda. "Where's Luke?" Sierra asks also watching her. I don't know though. Then one guy grabs her breasts making her scream.

Miranda's pov

"Hey let go of her!" I hear Jason yell. One of the two guys harassing me turns around, the other smiles with a hand around my waist. I try to get free but he holds tight. "Let her go before things get ugly." Jason growls, Sierra's hand on his shoulder. The guy holding onto me grabs hold of my chest again and I fight to get free. "Ok that's it." Then he sends his fist flying and the guy goes flying back, black tears raining down my cheeks. "You okay, sweety?" I cover my eyes with my hands sobbing and he hugs me.

Luke's pov

Jason and the girls walk out of the club and I'm surprised to see my girl crying. I run over. "Whoa! What happened?" "Where were you?!" Jason yells angrily. "The b-babysitter called... It w-was too loud in the club for me to hear. Baby what happened?" "2 guys cornered her and sexually assaulted her." Jason says. My God I can't believe it! I hug her tight. "Sweetheart I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." She pulls out of my hug. "Thanks for stopping those guys Jason." She says, wrapping her arms around herself. I'm worried. I bite my lip as she walks to my truck. "She's pretty pissed you weren't there." Jason says. I sigh. "Thanks man." He nods and puts his hands on his hips. "Come on babe. Let's go home."

*later*

"Baby I'm sorry! How many times do I have to say it? I shoulda been there for you and I wasn't and I'm sorry." She still won't talk to me though. I sit beside her and tears come to my eyes seeing the black streaks down her cheeks. I hug her. "Please don't hate me, baby. I love you."

*the next morning*

She hates me. I hate it. I don't know what to do. Maybe I could sing her a song. That always works!

Miranda's pov

I had stupid nightmares all night because of the guys at the club. I'm exhausted the next morning. "Do I turn you on at all when I kiss ya baby does the sound of me wanting you drive ya crazy do I have your love? Am I still enough? Tell me don't I or tell me do I baby give you everything that you ever wanted would ya rather just walk away and leave me lonely, do I just need to give up and get on with my life baby do I?" I sit up quickly. The door creaks open. Jason's playing guitar and Luke is singing both with sad looks on their faces.

Jason's pov

God I hope this works. I've never seen Luke cry like I did this morning. She shakily stands up, tears in her eyes. "Still give you what you need still take your breath away, baby dig way down deep! Baby do I!?" He sings. I stop strumming when she says his name. "Of course you do Luke!" She gasps running over. He swoops her in his arms and spins her around. I smile and lean against the doorframe. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. I promise I'll never let nothin' happen to you." "I know Luke I'm sorry I overreacted." She says, kissing him. She meets my eyes and mouths, "Thank You." I nod and tip my hat. "Have fun you two." I say, waving and leaving.