Chapter 48

Jason's pov

Alan's funeral is today. I dressed in my suit and mom got here to watch the kids. "Thanks for doing this mom." "No problem." We get to the cemetery and Miranda and Luke were already here. She set flowers down then cried against Luke. Sierra held my hand. "I feel so bad for her." "Me too."

*later*

I get a text from Luke.

L: I got spring break concerts to do. I don't want to leave her here though.

J: dude there's nothing you can do.

L: I'm worried.

J: we'll keep an eye on her.

Luke's pov

I sigh and lower the phone, putting my head in my hands. Kelly toddles down. I smile and pull her into my lap. The boys are already at school. "You're a good dad." I turn around caught off guard. Her face is red and tear stained. "Hey ya want me to make you some breakfast?" "I guess so." She takes Kelly and I make breakfast. After that I tell her I'm going to spring break for the week. She hugs me. "Promise you'll come back." "Of course I will." I whisper shocked that she wants me to. But I'm glad she does.

Jason's pov

I get back from the studio and Anna and Thomas grab my legs. "Attack!" I hear Ben shout. Oh crud. The kids are playing war! And I'm their target! Ben tackles me and Sierra walks out laughing cradling Kelsea on her hip. "Having a little fun there, Jay?" "Well, I think I've been taken prisoner." Finally they let me up and I take Kelsea. "Hey little girl, did you miss daddy?" "I was thinking. Let's go out for dinner tonight." "All of us or...." "Just me and you." She says, kissing me. The kids shout eww making us both laugh. I get us a babysitter and we go out. "I so needed this." I say, gladly ordering a beer. We were sitting in a corner booth, she snuggled up close to me, curling her legs under herself. I smile. "We all needed this." The waiter brings our food. "Hey what we all need is a vacation! How about we go on a cruise!" "A cruise?" "Yeah!" I like that idea. "Yeah sure let's go on a cruise. Let's wait til Luke gets back though."

*one week later*

This might be just what she needs to get back on her feet. I called Luke and Miranda over for a BBQ which is where we'll announce the news. The kids don't even know so this'll be a real treat for them too. Sierra walks out smiling. "I'm so excited." I pull her to my chest. "The next two weeks will be filled with nothin' but sun, fun, and the two of us together alone." "But the kids-" "They're gonna be doing their own thing. "And what about Kelsea?" "They've got somewhere for her to be. "Ok." Luke and Miranda get here. The kids sit down at the picnic table and I hold Kelsea. Luke sets Kelly down and she runs to the table. Ben helps her into it. "Ok kids we've got an announcement."

Miranda's pov

"We're all going on a cruise!" Huh? "You guys too." He says, pointing to me and Luke. "A cruise? Why?" I gasp. "Because we've all had a long hard week and we need a vacation." The kids cheer loudly. "I've never been on a cruise before." Miranda says. "There's always a first time for everything." I say, walking over.

Miranda's pov

"I know this week's been tough. It's gonna get better." He says, hugging me. "And maybe it's time someone got a second chance." He points behind me. Luke. I sigh. "I don't think I'm ready." "You don't have to be now. Just know he does care about you." "Thanks."

*a few days later*

Sierra's pov

I walk into the bedroom. Jason's dressed in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, and sunglasses. "Who's ready for the cruise?" I ask laughing. He smiles. "Let's go." He says, grabbing my waist and sweeping me off my feet. I laugh. "I can't wait to get to our stateroom." I whisper, kissing him hard and wrapping my arms around his neck. "Feelin' the same right about now." He says. We get the kids loaded up and get to the docks just as our friends get here. Then we get on the ship. "This is so exciting!" Ben shouts. A worker walks over. "Hi welcome to the Star Cruise lines! I hope you enjoy your stay. I could take the kids to their clubhouses." "Clubhouses?" I ask confused. "Yes. There are fun little clubhouses for children of all ages. Including this little cuite." She says, pointing to Kelsea in her car seat." Jason's reluctant to pass her over. I pat his shoulder. "Remember the stateroom?" I whisper. His eyes go wide. "Ok ya got me. See ya later guys."

Luke's pov

*later*

It's gotten dark. I go out on deck looking for Miranda. She had her arms resting on the bars. "Hey hun, it's getting late." She turns around, rubbing her arms. "Come to bed." I say, hugging her. "Thanks Luke." She says, smiling. We go back to our staterooms and to my shock before she goes to bed, she kisses my cheek.