Chapter 39

Miranda's pov

I hear Kelly crying so I get up to get her. I smile seeing the ring on my finger and it's not like when I was with Luke. I pick her up and rock her singing softly to her. When I turn around Alan is smiling at me. He walks over and hugs me.

Jason's pov

*the next day*

I was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a cup of coffee and trying to wake up when Sierra walked down, trailed by Anna. I smile and pick her up, setting her on my lap. "Hey honey. How are you liking preschool?" "I love it daddy I have so much fun there!" She says excitedly. Sierra gives me that we need to talk look. "Well sweety go get your brothers up and tell them to get ready too then I'll drop you all off at school." She runs upstairs full of excited bubbly energy. I love that little girl to death. Then I turn around to Sierra and her fearful worried looks. "What did you decide to do, baby?" "I'm gonna abort the baby. I can't risk it again. I don't wanna leave you guys." I walk over and hug her tightly. I know this is hard on her. "I'll go to the clinic today while you're dropping the kids off at school oh and don't forget to call Miranda and Alan." I stop short confused. "Why are we calling them?" "Remember? We're throwing a celebration party for their engagement." "Oh yeah. I forgot." She laughs and ruffles my already messy hair. I smile. "I love you, hun." "I love you too, Jay."

*later*

Miranda's pov

I get a text from Jason asking us to come over. I text him back.

M: did you figure something out.

J: yes.

M: I'm sorry if I'm annoying you. I'm just worried.

J: :) you're not annoying me. It's okay.

M: Ok. See ya in a few.

I get Kelly ready and dressed after telling Alan. He straps her in and kisses my forehead. "How ya feelin'?" I smile. "I'm great Alan. I love you." "I love you too." We get to Jason and Sierra's house and Jason's wearing a party hat. Huh? "What's going on guys?" Alan asks. "A party to celebrate your engagement." He says, handing me a party hat. I laugh and snap it on me. Alan does the same. "And one for the little one." Jason says handing a small hand held fuzzy one to Kelly. She makes funny noises and he pats her head. "Cute kid." He says then Sierra opens the door. We join the party.

*later*

Kelly had fallen asleep so I went upstairs away from the noise and everything. I was rocking her and singing. "You're always gonna fly away just because ya know ya can, you're never gonna realize there's no such place as Neverland you don't understand, you'll never grow up, you're never gonna be a man, Peter pan." Then there's a knock on the door that makes me jump ten feet in the air. I turn around to Jason. "I was wondering where the life of the party went." He says with a kind soft smile. "I.... Kelly started getting sleepy." He smiles. "You're such a great mother." I set her down on his bed. "I hope you don't mind." "Not at all." He puts pillows around her so she doesn't roll off. "And you're the greatest uncle my little girl will ever have." He smiles and hugs me. I fight back the tears and hug him tighter. "I'm scared to get married again." I whisper. He pulls me to where we're looking in each other's eyes. "Why?" I try to fight the tears but I start crying. We go to the spare bedroom so we don't wake Kelly. "It won't be like with Luke I know it." He says, brushing a tear from my eye. "It's not that. I know Alan won't do that." "Then what is it, sweetheart, talk to me?" "I won't have anyone to walk me down the aisle. I mean before when I got married to Luke I had my uncle but he's gone now. J just.... I don't know what to do." He stares at me wide eyed. "We'll think of something, it's not for another two months." He says, his hands on my shoulders. I hug him tightly. "You're my best friend." I whisper smiling. "You're my best friend too." He says.

*later*

Jason's pov

Sierra got out of the shower. I was already in bed in shorts and a T-shirt. "Hey Si, I need to talk to you girl." I say. She smiles. "What about?" She asks, unraveling the towel around her. My eyes get huge and I stare at her in awe. "Jason?" She asks. I clear my throat. "Right uh um...." She puts on a shirt. "Anyway." I say laughing at how stupid that was. "Miranda's upset since she's got no one to walk her down the aisle so I was thinkin'....."

Sierra's pov

"How bout I do it?" Wow! "Really Jay?" "Yeah. I.... That girl's like a sister to me and seeing her so upset over that killed me. She said she was scared to get married because of it." I lay down beside him. "It's so nice of you to do that for her." I smile. "She deserves it." He says, hugging me. "I love ya so damn much hun." I kiss his cheek. "I love you too Jay."