Chapter 19

Jason's pov

We were all hanging out at the county Fair that was in town. I was getting ready to throw a ball at a dunking booth when I heard someone shout, "Carlotta." Instantly Miranda stiffened up. I turn around, putting an arm protectively around my wife and her sister. Luke took Ben to get something to eat. "I don't go by that name anymore." She says shakily. He's a fat ugly man. Probably someone who came for fun at the stripper joint. "Come on Carlotta for old time sake?" "Stop calling her that. Go away." I say, getting annoyed. "She's happily married." The guy laughs. "No possible way! Who would want a whore like you?" I punch him in the face instantly. "Get on, pervert!" I gripe. Luke walks back. "What happened?" "Just some asshole. Don't worry I took care of it."

*later*

We were waiting for the fireworks to begin when Sierra sighed. "You okay honey?" Her stare was on a woman and a baby. "I just.... I know we shouldn't but I would kill to have a little girl." My hands tense up. She can't get pregnant again. She almost died last time. "I'm sorry sweetheart but I don't want anything to happen to you." "I know." She says and sighed again. I hug her then the fireworks begin.

*later*

"If we did, do you think she'd have blonde hair like mine? Or dark hair like yours? And I wonder if she'd be athletic." I sigh. "Honey stop thinking about this baby stuff it'll just upset you." She sits up. "I can't help it! It's all I can think about now!" I need to do something for her. Maybe not pregnancy cause it's too dangerous but something.

*the next day*

Sierra took Ben to a movie and I called Luke and Miranda over. "Sierra really wants to have another baby." I shakily say. As I knew Miranda got really scared. "It's alright. We aren't getting pregnant again. I'm not taking that chance after last time." She bites her lip worriedly. "Then what are you gonna do?" Luke asks, putting a hand on Miranda's shoulder. "Adoption." I announce. Right after I say that, Sierra gets home! I smile and walk over to her. "Sweetheart you know how you want a little girl right?" "Of course." She says, confused. "Well you're getting one." "Huh? How?" "We're gonna adopt." Tears come to her eyes. "Really! Oh Jason, you're the best!" I smile and hug her tight. "I wanna make all your dreams come true." I whisper. "You are my hero." She says and I kiss her.

*2 weeks later*

We set out to adopt and there are a lot of children running around and playing. "We're actually looking for a baby." I say. The woman bites her lip. "I'm sorry sir all our babies have been adopted out. The youngest girl we have is sixteen months." "I don't mind that young." Sierra says, quickly. I smile. "Let's go see her." I tell the woman. We walk to the room where she was playing with a little boy. "This is Annalise but we all call her Anna and this is her brother Thomas." I'd feel horrible separating those two. Sierra gets on her knees. I stay by the door unsure. We're not really looking for two kids so I hope she doesn't get attached.

Sierra's pov

The little girl hides timidly behind the boy. "The other kids bully her so her brother is a little protective." The woman says. "Oh why would someone bully you sweetie?" She walks out from behind her brother and I see why. She only has one arm! "Christ!" Jason gasps, shocked behind me. I glare at him. His face gets red. "Sorry." He mumbles. "It's okay Anna. I won't hurt you." She buries her face in her brother's shoulder. He looks three and she's two. I stand up. "Jason, we have to!" I say. He sighs. "Give us a second to talk it over." He says to the social worker. We walk out. "We have to Jason!" I say instantly. "We can't. We never planned or prepared for two kids! We don't have enough room in the house!" "They can share a room. Please Jason! I know this is what we should do." He debates it for ten minutes til he finally gives in. A soft smile spreads to his face. "Ok. I wanna see you happy and if this'll make you happy, let's do it." I sling my arms around him. "I love you so much!" I gasp. He wraps his arms around me. "I love ya too hun." We walk back in, my excitement almost too much. "We'll take them both." I say. The woman talks to the kids and they get really wide eyed. "Really?" Anna whispers. Thomas has tears in his eyes as he hugs his baby sister. Jason bends down on one knee. "Welcome to the Aldean family." He says, hugging them both, bringing me to tears and them too.