Chapter 23

Jason's pov

It was Superbowl Sunday so we were at Luke's waiting for the game to start. Ben, Anna, and Thomas were playing in the other room. Sierra mutes the TV. "We gotta talk." She says. I look at her confused. "Bout what?" I say slowly. "Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of when we adopted Anna and Thomas. And I think that's something to celebrate!" She says, looking at me and Luke. "Right?" "I uh yeah sure whatever you want honey." She laughs. "Oh Jason, you always say yes to me no matter what!" I laugh and set down my beer. "No I don't!" "Yes you do!" "Do not!" "Do too! Do too! Do too!" She taunts standing up. "This girl.... Really knows how to push my buttons." I mutter as she laughs. I roll my eyes. "Whatever you say dear." "See! You did it again!" She says, pointing. "Shut up, you little brat!" I tease, headlocking her. "Ahh! Miranda help me!" "You're on your own!" She says, laughing. "You tease a cowboy, you get got by a cowboy." I pick her up over my shoulder. She shouts at me to put her down but I'm not gonna. "You got the kids?" I ask. She nods. "Go have fun." Luke says waving me away and pulling Miranda into a kiss. She giggles and slips her arms around his neck. I walk outside with her still slung over my shoulder. "Jason you put me down right now!" "No." "No? What do you mean no?! You've never said no to me before?" I laugh and drop my tailgate. Then I set her down on it. "See I can say no to you." "Whatever!" She says, rolling her eyes. Grr! She's grinding my gears. I'm this close to tearing those jean shorts off of her. "Don't say whatever to me." I tease. "And don't you roll your eyes at me!" She laughs. "Whatever." She whispers flirtatiously. She gets on her knees in front of me and rolls her eyes. "You've had it little girl." I say, grabbing her waist and kissing her hard.

*the next day*

Sierra's pov

Anna and Thomas were confused. "But it's not either of our birthdays." Anna says. I smile and hug her. "No kiddo, it's a different special day. Today marks the one year anniversary to when you two became part of our family." I say, hugging Thomas next. Jason walks over. "Hey kids." He says, patting Thomas's head.

*after*

I went to check and see how getting the kids to bed was going and the sight in front of me was beautiful. Jason was sitting in the rocking chair with Anna curled into his arm and he was reading a story to her. "I wanna have long hair like Rapunzel." She whispers. He chuckles softly. "And have a prince take my baby girl away from me? No way. Not on my watch, you're already a princess." He says, kissing her head. "Daddy, how'd you and mommy meet?" I watch from the doorway.

Jason's pov

My hand rests against my scar from the surgery. I resituate Anna on my lap and close the book. "I actually met your aunt first and she brought me to your mama." I say. "Tell me the story, please daddy!" Then Thomas walks in the room. "Yeah dad tell us the story!" He says sitting crosslegged on the floor. I laugh slightly and seconds later Ben walks in too. I smile and set Anna in the middle of both boys. "Alright here's the story of how I met your mother." I say then Sierra walks in and smilingly sits beside the kids. I smile down at her too. "I was hanging with uncle Luke and a few other friends where aunt Miranda used to work. Well they were mean to her at her job so I helped get her out of there and we became friends. Then I met your mom and it was love at first sight." "Aww!" Anna says, looking at Sierra then me. "That's it?" I laugh. "Of course not kiddo. Anyways I found out back then your mom was sick and I was the only one who could help her." I notice Sierra has her hand against her side where the scar is. I lift my shirt up revealing to them my scar. "So to save mommy I donated a kidney and me and mama sorta went from there." "Wow, dad that's awesome!" I smile. And it was all thanks to a strip club.