Chapter 58

Sierra's pov

We were driving back to Nashville since the tour was over. I glance back seeing Kelsea fast asleep. I was scrolling through Facebook.

Jason's pov

I hear Sierra sigh. I glance over, she was smiling. "What's up?" "Oh I stumbled upon a video of us singing don't ya wanna stay together." I smile. "I love it when we sing that song together." "Me too." She looks dreamy eyed. "Baby, have you ever thought of becoming a professional singer too?" She looks up wide eyed. "Ya think I have what it takes?" I laugh softly. "I know you have what it takes." We stop at a red light. "But what about the kids and your career? Who will watch them while I'm trying to-" "Don't think about that, Sierra. I'll cover it." She smiles. "Jason, you are too good to me." I smile and kiss her. "Actually I'd say I am just right." Someone honks. I see the light has changed to green. We get back home. Miranda and Luke were over with Kelly. She's six now I think. Ben jogs over. "You guys are home early." I ruffle his hair. "Your point?" Luke runs over. "Ben got into a little trouble. The school called us since you were out of town." I glare down at the ten year old. "Ben?" He sighs. "I didn't mean to dad but they didn't believe me!" He says, pointing at Luke. "We'll talk inside." The rest of the crew stays outside. "What happened Ben?" "Well I was at school and we were on the playground. I was walking to my friend with a cup of ice water I was drinking well I tripped on a log and it fell down this girl's shirt." "Why would Luke not believe you?" "Well me and this girl don't get along and I was laughing when it happened cause she's super mean to me. But I swear it was an accident." Eh. I believe him. Either way. Boys will be boys. "I believe ya son." "Phew I was worried."

*later*

Sierra gets back from the bars. "How was it, Si?" She smiles. "They loved me, Jay!" She gasps, jumping in my arms. "How was the homefront?" "Fine. The kids got their homework done and went to bed on time." "Aww such a good stay at home daddy." She says tapping my nose. I roll my eyes. "Weirdo." I say, carrying her upstairs.

Sierra's pov

*a few weeks later*

I was working on a song called famous in a smalltown. Jason had taken the kids to the zoo for the day. "Every grandma, in law, ex girlfriend. Maybe knows it just a little too well, whether you're late for church or you're stuck in jail, hey word's gonna get around, everybody dies.... Famous in a smalltown." I set my pencil down and sigh with exhaustion. I've been at the bars at night and writing during the day. I'm thinking of doing a six song episode and seeing what the public thinks about it. Suddenly I feel hands on my shoulders, massaging them. I know it's my amazing kindhearted husband. "Baby come to bed. You've been up for weeks. The bars can wait for a night." I stand up, exhausted. He looks worried and concerned. "You've got black rings under your eyes." He says, running a finger against my cheek. "I wanna finish these songs for my episode." He smiles sadly. "And ya can't do that if you die of exhaustion. It's time for bed, Si-Si." "But-" "No buts young lady." I laugh. "I'm not your child, Jason." He laughs and kisses me softly. "Come on up to bed, Sierra. Your songs will be here waiting tomorrow." I smile. "Love you, Jay." I hug him tight. We go upstairs and he kisses my forehead. "Love you too baby. I'm gonna put Kelsea to bed. I'll be up in a minute." I love that man with all my heart.