Chapter 66

Jason's pov

I cradle my neice in my arms as we ride the bus back home. Brantley's cycle not far behind. "Are you sure they won't come after us again?" Rich asks. I glance down at the poor orphaned little girl in my arms, fidgeting and crying in her sleep. "Without a leader, they're lost." I whisper. We get back home. I walk inside and lay Kelly down on the couch. My eyes land on a picture from our wedding. I pick it up, fighting back tears. "Oh Luke, I'm so sorry." I whisper. I jump when a hand rests on my shoulder. Brantley. "I can't bare the thought.... They're dead because of me." "It's not your fault, Jason." "Yes it is! If I hadn't gone after..... And if I didn't punch the bastard.... Eric would still be-" "Jason, you need to rest. You've been through hell and back." I sigh. "I've got the kids. You go rest." I nod and go upstairs. Sierra was asleep in bed. I stare at her sadly and lay beside her. "We'll be okay, Sierra." I say, hugging her to my chest.

*later*

My body aches with exhaustion and guilt. I walk downstairs. All five kids are awake and Brantley was working on dinner. I smile and pat Ben's shoulder. "My boy is now a man." He smiles. "Glad you're okay dad." "Me too son." I walk outside and light up a smoke. "Fly high brother." I whisper, walking to my truck. I take a long drag and rest my head against the window. "Oh what am I gonna do?" "Die." My head snaps up. "Who-" Someone slams me down, a boot on my back. "Oof." "Who the-" I try to turn my head. He smirks. The bastard who guarded my cell and brought those horrible tasting sandwiches. "You ruined a whole organization." He growls, pointing a gun to my head. Fear fills me. I can't die! Not now! "So what you're saying is you're the only one left?" I gape shocked. He nods. "You're dead." "Think again, motherfucker." I hear my sweet Sierra whisper. Suddenly the guy is thrown off me. I shakily look up and she's got a shotgun and an enraged snarl. She shoots him several times then tosses the weapon down. "S-S.... Sierra?" I choke out shocked. She smiles, a tear slipping down her cheek. "You're back." I gasp shakily running to her. I wrap my arms around her. "My favorite girl is back." I gasp gladly. "I love you." She says, kissing me. I'm so glad to have my baby girl back.

*20 years later* sorry for the huge time skip. But it's coming to an end.

Kelsea's pov

My song dibs just went number one. I'm heading home to celebrate. My crazy older brother Thomas got here just as I did. I run to meet him. "Missed you sis. You're doing great." I smile. "Singing is my life." "I remember saying that when I was a kid." Tears fill my eyes. "Daddy!" I cry, spinning around. He smiles and puts a cigarette out. I run into his arms. "Oh daddy I never would even be here if it wasn't for you." "You are an amazing talented singer." I smile. "Daddy, you know the doctor says ya gotta quit." He smiles softly and pats my head. "These damn things will kill me yet." "I love you dad." "I love you too, Kelsea." We all go inside. "How's Kelly doing?" Dad sits at the bar, smiling. "Well she took a different route. Changed her last name to Clarkson and went on the pop scene." "Wow!" I gasp surprised. "How is she, dad?" I ask sitting beside him. He sighs and stares at the tabletop. "She's making it but.... I just don't know princess." I know topics of uncle Luke and Aunt Miranda are hard for dad. Mom pats his shoulder. "You know it's not your fault." "I know.... I just.... I miss 'em more than anything." I hug him. Anna walks in. "Um guys, I've got some bad news. Ben can't get away from the army to come today. I'm sorry Kelsea." I sigh worried. "I'm so proud of that boy." Dad says, smiling. The door opens revealing my husband of four months, Jake. I wave and smile as he walks over. "Number one again, you amazing talented girl." He says, kissing me. I grab his shirt. "If you're gonna kiss me, kiss me like ya need it." I say, kissing him harder. Everyone in the room laughs.

THE END