Chapter 7

Jason's pov

I strugglingly sit up. I don't care if I can barely move. I have to make sure Sierra is okay. I find her room and she's asleep. I rush to the bed and hold her hand. "Sierra, baby girl, are you okay?" She groans and wakes up. "Jason?" "Yeah sweetheart it's me I'm here and you're gonna be okay." "Oh Jason I love you!" She says, hugging me. "I love you too sweet girl. I'm so glad you're awake." "Me too." A few minutes later, Luke and Miranda walk in. "Let's go home." I say, standing back up. "Omg!" She gasps, "You just got outta surgery, you need to rest." Luke laughs and pats her shoulder. "I will rest. Back home." I say, helping Sierra sit up. She's much weaker than I am so I pick her up bridal style, her arms around my neck. "You can't take her out of the hospital yet. She's gotta recover!" "Why can't she recover at home?" "The doctors have to monitor her and you for that matter! To make sure her body doesn't reject the kidney and you don't get sick from it all." Ugh she seems to know a lot about this. "Aw but Miranda I wanna go home! With Jason!" "In due time princess. She knows what she's talkin' about." "No! I spent my entire teenage life on machines!" She rips the IV out of her arm. "Not anymore!" Uh... What's she doing!? "Sierra stop!" Miranda cries, grabbing the IV. "Jason hold her down! Luke go get her doctor hurry!" "She can't take this IV out!!! This is her blood!!" I'm trying not to panic as I hold her down. "Let go of me! Stop!" She gasps. "Baby calm down!" Miranda gets the IV back in her arm. She's breathing ragged and fighting to get it out again. "Sweetheart, don't do that." "She's out of it, Jason. She probably doesn't even know who you are." "What?!" "Calm down I mean like she has no idea we're even here probably." Man, I didn't know how bad it was. "She'll be okay though, right? She's gotta be okay!" "Calm down and let me think! I can't think with you yelling at me. Luke and another doctor run in. Oh dang, my head is pounding.

Miranda's pov

Oh crap. "Luke!" I gasp, pointing at Jason, who rests a hand on the bed. "What's-" the he faints. "Whoa!! Jason!!" Luke screeches running over.

Luke's pov

"Jason!! Jason wake up!! Please wake up!!" I gape absolutely terrified. The doctor got Sierra stable. "Jay, Sierra's okay now." He shuts his eyes tight. "Sierra?" He mumbles. "Yeah buddy Sierra's okay. Please ya gotta wake up for me!"

Jason's pov

Wake up? How do I do that? I'm walking through some corridor. "Hello?" I call, confused. "Luke? Sierra? Where are you guys?!" There's a door. I open it and shakily walk through.

*he wakes up*

I sit up, sucking in a breath and coughing. "W-What happened?" "You fainted." But how? "How? Why?" "Lightheaded from the surgery and blood loss, here ya gotta go lay down." Miranda says. "No. I'm not gonna leave her." I say, trying to stand up. "She's okay. She's stable." I glance at the bed. She's breathing normally. "She's gonna be okay, Jason." Luke says, putting a hand on my shoulder, pulling me from the room. "B-But if she wakes up.... And I'm not there-" "It'll be fine. Calm down and take a deep breath." I do what he says and we walk back to his room. A doctor was waiting for me. "How do you feel sir?" "Dizzy as all hell." I say, sitting down. The light is giving me a headache so I cover my face with it. "On a scale of 1-10 how bad is the pain?" "I'm not hurting. Just dizzy." "That's great." The doctor leaves. Whatever happens, I need to get back to Sierra.