Chapter 27

Jason's pov

I was pulled from sleep by someone unfamiliar whispering, "Don't move." What's going on? I slowly open my eyes. A guy with a gun, stands near my closet. "Who-" He cuts me off by clicking off the safety. "Get up and don't say a word." I am so freaked right now. I shakily get up and he throws my jeans at me. I glance at Sierra and she's still asleep, completely unaware. I hope it stays that way. But my hope is short lived when I get my jeans on. "Wake her up." Why is he doing this?! Who is he?! How'd he get in?! "Sierra baby wake up." I force myself to say. She opens her eyes. "Jason, what's-" I cover her mouth. "I don't know what's going on." I whisper. She looks over at the guy and quickly sits up. "If you did anything to my sister or kids, you're fucking dead!" She gasps, worrying me. But he just smiles. "Get up." What does he want with us?!

Miranda's pov

*the next day*

I get up and go to the kitchen and start a pot of coffee along with breakfast. "Hey guys, breakfast!" I call. Hm, deep sleepers. I run a hand through my hair while walking upstairs. His door is wide open and they're not inside. The drawer to their dresser is open and about to fall open! "What the? What's going on?!" The sheet is on the ground and the wood is split slightly like someone's nails were dug into it!! I take a step back. "J-Jason..... And Sierra..... Have been kidnapped!" I screech. I run to the kids' bedrooms and they're gone too! But.... Why didn't he take me?!

Jason's pov

"Where's my sister?" Sierra yells, her voice muffled by the glass door separating us. The gun in my back. The psycho laughs slightly behind me. "She should be coming soon." He says sending fear through me. Anna and Thomas are already crying. Ben is trying not to. "Go." I shakily walk over to Ben in the weird little room he was forced in. Sierra pounds on the door in angry fear. My phone suddenly rings as the door is slammed shut in front of me. My breath catches in my throat seeing my sister in law's number. "Answer it." He says, "Tell her to come, I'm getting tired of waiting." I don't want her to come here and get hurt. But I'd I don't, he'll shoot me... Or worse.... Sierra or the kids!! I hit answer. "H-Hello?" "Thank God, Jason! Where are you?! What happened?!" My hands are shaking.

Miranda's pov

"Me, Sierra, and the kids are at the old abandoned cigarette factory. It's up to you to come save us." I back up shocked. "I'll save you guys, I promise." I whimper. "And Miranda," I freeze about to run out. "Yeah?" "Good luck and be careful, love you girl." "I love you too." I whisper, shakily.

Jason's pov

I hit end and rest my head on the glass terrified. What's gonna happen? I look down the way at Sierra where she was holding tight to Anna and Thomas, glaring furious at the madman. He walks over to a computer and types stuff on it. Suddenly the ceiling opens up and I hear electricity. "Ben get down!" I shout.

Sierra's pov

Jason blocks Ben's body as much as he can as the room fills with buzzing electricity and Jason's pain filled screams. "NO!!! STOP!!" I scream, banging on the glass. The madman laughs and clicks another button. He falls to his knees, breathing heavily. "Dad!" Ben gasps, grabbing his arm. A soft sigh escapes as he falls unconscious. Ben starts freaking out and I'm screaming at the top of my lungs.

Miranda's pov

I shakily walk up to the factory and hear Sierra screaming. I peek in and see Jason's unconscious and Sierra's freaked out. "Hey!" I yell, cocking the nine mm in my hand. He turns around and smiles. Sierra stops screaming when she hears me. "Miranda run!" Sierra yells. But I'm not gonna run. He runs at me and I dodge and swing Jason's gun and smash him in the arm. He shoved me and pins me against the cell Jason and Ben were in. "Jason!" I gasp worried. The jerk tightens his grip making me cry out in pain. Jason slowly opens his eyes, groaning in pain. "Jason!" I cry worriedly. He puts a hand to his head. "What did you do to him?!" I scream furious. "The..... Computer...... Stop the..... Computer." He chokes out, pointing a shaking hand to it. I have to stop this asshole first. He releases me and punches me in the chest then runs to the computer. He knocked the breath out of me so I cough trying to catch it.

Jason's pov

Shit!! I strugglingly stand back up. "No!! Sierra!" I cry terrified as the same electric thing Whirrs in her cell. She stares right at me just as terrified. Just when I thought she was gonna get shocked, it started smoking and I looked to see the nine mm pointed at the computer and my sister in law standing determined with one of the angriest looks on her face I've ever seen. Even angrier than that shit with Luke. "Don't touch.... My family." She growls, walking over to him. "Next time, don't leave me mobile, idiot." She says, shooting him in the head with my gun. "Yeah girl kick ass!" Sierra gasps, pumping a fist in the air. I force a smile through the pain. She gets the keys off him and unlocks the doors. "That was awesome!" Sierra cries, hugging her. She laughs. "You fuck with my family, you fuck with me." She says, smiling back at me. I pat her shoulder. "Thanks." "No problem, oh uh I raided your gun closet." I laugh. "I see that." She glances at the guy. "I wonder why he did this." I mumble, looking at him too. "Who knows? Who cares? He's dead." She says patting my arm. We get back home. I collapse to the couch with exhaustion. "You okay?" Sierra asks. "Yeah..... Just..... Drained. Ugh I feel like I haven't slept in days." "Gosh I was so scared seeing you collapse." I open my eyes, she was sitting beside my leg. "I'm alright hun." I sit up and hug her. "I promise." "Thank goodness." I just gotta sleep now. I'm exhausted.