Chapter 57

Jason's pov

I was at meet and greets with Sierra and Kelsea. A brunette girl walks in, super nervous. I take a picture with her, the usual stuff when she says, "You're the couple who found Kelsea in the park that day." My eyes go wide. Sierra picks Kelsea up. "We.... We did find her in a car seat in the park..... Who are you?" I ask, wrapping an arm around my wife's waist. "I'm her mother." That's what I was afraid of. "You're not taking her back!" Sierra gasps, close to tears. "No! No wait! I wasn't! I wasn't trying to take her back! I swear. I just wanted to thank you for taking care of her. She'd have died if I kept her." She quickly says. Kelsea is freaked out. "What's she talking about mommy?" "Nothing baby." I say, hugging them both. "Go on backstage." I tell them. "I don't know..... What is gonna happen." I struggle to find the words. "I promise I didn't come to take her. I just came to thank you." "Alright. Ya spent a lot of money just to do that." I say, resting my hands on my hips. "I'm sorry.... I.... I hope you're not mad." She starts to cry. "No! I'm not mad. Just confused. It's okay."

*later*

Sierra's pov

I put my little one to bed and Jason walks up the steps. "Mommy what was that other lady talking about?" I fight back crying. "Don't worry about her sweet girl." I say, moving her bangs out of her face. Jason kneels beside her bed. "Go to sleep princess." He says. "Ok. Goodnight mom goodnight dad." We exchange looks. "Goodnight baby girl." I whisper. He kisses her forehead. We go to our room. "I'm so scared Jason. What's gonna happen? I can't lose Kelsea!" He hugs me. "Don't worry baby. She doesn't wanna take her. She said so, Si. We'll be fine. We aren't gonna lose Kelsea." I look up at him, my face soaked with tears. He looks exhausted and worried. He wipes the tears. "You promise?" "I promise baby. And even if she did, to get that girl, she'd have to kill me first." I cry into his chest. She won't take our baby girl. She won't. Jason won't let her. He won't let her get her. She's our baby!