Chapter 43

Jason's pov

I'm hungover after a concert and my head is killing me. Anna runs in after playing in the yard. "Daddy!" She cries. "Don't yell, sweety daddy has a headache." The six year old laughs and climbs up beside me. "I wanna try for softball! They're doing tryouts tomorrow!" "Of course baby girl. And you'll be the best on the team!" She hugs me. "I love you daddy!" "I love you too baby."

*later*

Ben's pov

I finished with my baseball practice so I went to watch Anna's tryouts. I walked over there and to my shock and fury, the other kids were making fun of her for having one arm! "Stop it!" I yell, running over. We go back home and dad's ticked about it. "I can't play softball with only one arm!" She cries. "Yes you can! Don't listen to those other brats!"

Jason's pov

I can tell the boys are pissed! Luckily Anna isn't upset anymore.

*the next day*

We cheer her on as she does her softball tryouts. "You're amazing!" The coach says. I can tell Anna is shocked. "Yay! Anna!" Thomas says running over and hugging his baby sister.

*3 weeks later*

It's Anna's first game. She was having trouble with her helmet falling over her eyes. I smile and take a strap out of my pocket. "Here try this sweety. " I hook it to her helmet and snap them together. "Thanks dad!" Tehn she runs onto the field. "Go Anna!" Sierra shouts excitedly. "That little girl makes me such a proud mother." I smile and hug my wife who I love with all my heart. "I'm a very proud father."

*later*

Sierra's pov

Miranda comes over and sits on the couch. "Still nervous about Luke having visitation." She sighs and shakes her head which surprises me.

Jason's pov

"Why not?" "Luke's a good father. I know that. I was just so mad at him after what he did it was hard to trust him! All I wanted was to hurt him as bad as he hurt me.... But.... I just couldn't do that to Kelly. She may only be ten months but she loves getting to see her daddy." Wow. I walk out of the kitchen, beer in hand. "Wow, Miranda. I'm really glad to hear you say that." Sierra says hugging her. "I hope Luke can forgive me for being a jerk. The door opens to a tear stained Luke, holding Kelly. "Only if you can forgive me for being a total dick." He says. All of us are surprised. "I heard everything and it means the world to hear you say that." I smile. She hands Kelly to Sierra. "I hope you can forgive me, Miranda and I'm so glad you found happiness with Alan."

Miranda's pov

Tears fill my eyes. "Oh Luke! Thank you." I shakily say. He hugs me. "You were my first love." I whisper. We look at each other. "You'll always have a special place in my heart." I say. He smiles. "You too." After that, he leaves with Kelly. I turn around. "You okay?" Jason asks. I smile and nod. "Better than I've been in a long time. I break down in tears and both my sister and her husband hug me. "I'm really glad.... We worked everything out. I'm glad Luke is the father of my baby girl." I choke out in between sobs.

Jason's pov

Her and Sierra sit on the couch and she hugs her as she cries. She's so confused. I know part of her still loves Luke and wants him back so badly. But... He just doesn't feel the same anymore. He fell in love with Caroline. She's got Alan. I just thank the lucky stars I don't have to deal with that with my Sierra. She walks in the kitchen and forces a tired sad smile. I hug her tight. "Si don't you ever leave me. I can't live without you." "I promise Jason, til the day I die, I'll be lovin' you." I'm a lucky lucky man.