Chapter 55

*a few years later*

Jason's pov

I was sitting on the hood of my truck talking to Mike when the bus rolled around, revealing my youngest daughter who's five now. I pull her up beside me. Mike laughs softly. "This little girl has a love for singing just like her old man." I say, patting her head. She sits on my lap. I wrap my arms around her and slide off the truck. "Well Mike I'll see ya later." I head back inside. Sierra was talking to Ben who looked to be in trouble. "What happened?" "Ben stole money out of my purse!" My eyes go wide. "B-Ben! How could you?" I cry shocked! "I need money for new skates!" "You shoulda just asked!" Sierra shouts. "I'm sorry mom. I was worried you'd say no!" I shake my head disappointed. "Go to your room, boy. You're grounded." I say. He grumbles something and goes upstairs to his room. I sit on the couch and Kelsea climbs on my lap. "Sing me a song daddy." I smile. "You sure love music!" Sierra laughs and sits beside us.

*later*

Sierra's pov

I walk into our room to go to bed and Jason was staring at the ceiling. "What's up?" I ask, sitting down beside him. He smiles at me. "I just..... I never imagined walking into a strip club where I didn't even wanna be that night would lead to this. My life is a blessing. I love you and the kids so much." I smile and hug him. "Oh Jason, I love you!" I rest my head against his chest. "Your sister saved me from a dead end road. Without you, I don't know where I'd be." I sit up, smiling down at him. "What do ya think of me taking Kelsea on tour with us? Let her sing a little? She loves music." I love that idea. "Yeah. That's a great idea!" He smiles. "I'm so glad you love it." He sits up and hugs me. Without him, I'd be dead.