Chapter 21

Jason's pov

I pace the small hospital room while my wife lays in a coma, tubes and IVs stuck to her and Miranda crying by her bedside. Luke has the kids. I'm so scared. My mind flashes back to the day I met her. How beautiful and innocent and sweet she was. "Jason, I'm so scared." I sigh and hug her. "I am too, hun." The doctor walks in with a clipboard. I run over, desperate. "Give it to me straight doc. Is my girl gonna be alright?" "There were some complications but we have her on some strong meds. She's gonna be okay. But it might take a while til she's back to her old self." "When will she wake up?" My sister in law asks standing up. "We're about to give her the medicine to wake her up. But I can assure you she will live." Thank God. "That's all I need to hear." I say, taking a deep breath. I hug Miranda when she bursts into tears of relief. I walk to Sierra's bedside and hold her hand. "Ya heard that Sierra. You're gonna be fine."

*later*

She's very weak. "Can you...... Ask Luke to bring..... The kids up?" She whispers, trying to keep her eyes open. I smile and nod. Miranda calls Luke and I hold her hand. "I wanna live to see the kids grow up. For Anna's first heartbreak. For the boys' baseball games. Prom, marriage! Jason I wanna live!" What she says makes me wanna cry. "You will sweety. Doc says you'll make a full recovery. I won't let you miss the kids growin' up." I wipe the tears from her cheeks and help her sit up. I hug her tight as she cries. I hear Luke's voice in the hallway comforting Miranda. Then I hear the door open. "Mama?" I hear Ben say. "Come on in son." All three kids come in the room. "Is she okay?" "Yeah she'll be fine." I help them up beside us. Then the doctor walks in. He gives her her medicine. Then Luke texts me he's taking Miranda home. Probably a good idea. She hasn't slept much. I text back saying okay. Anna hugs Sierra. "Don't cry mommy. We've got you." I smile and pat her head. "Hey Ben why don't you call room service. We'll order dinner up here so we don't have to leave mom." I hand him the menu and we call it all in.

*later*

Sierra's pov

I can barely keep my eyes open. Jason was telling a bedtime story to Thomas and Ben. It was about a knight rescuing a princess from a dragon and a bad guy. I smile, watching them as the boys try to stay awake. "And just as the princess Si-Si thought it was all over, the knight ran into the burning building and rescued the damsel in distress!" The boys cheer and Anna who was asleep in Jason's lap stirred slightly. He smiles down at her. "Go on to sleep boys and maybe I'll tell you another story tomorrow." "Thanks dad!" Thomas says. "You're welcome son." He lays Anna on the couch beside the sleepy eyed boys and covers all three of them up with a fire fighter blanket that was laying there. "You're so great with kids." I whisper. He smiles and lays beside me. I rest against his chest. "I love having the kids. I'm especially glad I said yes to adopting two kids that day. Even though that wasn't the plan." I smile, hugging him tight. "God had a better plan for me. And I'm glad it involves you and our three kids." I wipe the fresh tears. "I love you, Jason." "I love you too princess Si-Si."