Chapter 64

Jason's pov

I stare horrified at my best friend's dead body, my hands clamped and shaking around my jeans. The motherfucker walks over and stands right in front of me, swinging the bloody bat through the air. Something inside me snaps. I stand up lightning fast and punch him as hard as I can in the face. Instantly thirty guns are on me. Fury fills my veins to where I don't even care there's guns on me. "You.... You just orphaned a four year old girl." I growl, my hands shaking in fists. He rubs his jaw and points that dastardly bat at me. "Sit the fuck back down." I look back down at Luke's body and sigh. I have to. "I was going to leave it at that but.... With your little outburst, obviously you haven't learned shit." "No!" I cry, shakily. "Please don't!" He ignores my begging and grabs Eric's shoulder. "Don't kill him!" I scream. I cover my eyes horrified when he kills Eric the same way he killed Luke. I can't even breathe. I can't think straight. He kneels down in front of me to where we're looking face to face. "Happy now?" This guy makes me sick. My jaw clenches in rage. "I will kill you." I whisper. "Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but I will kill you." He stands back. "Ok. Put him in the truck and let's get outta here." What?! Two guys grab my arms and make me stand up. The rest of the guys stare helplessly. There's nothing we can do. I lost. Someone forces me into the back of a truck and shuts the doors.

*a few weeks later*

I've been locked in a pitch black room. I can't see two feet in front of me. I can't think. I can't move. He made me wear a prison jumpsuit. My hands are shackled to the wall. I have no idea what the guy brings for food everyday but it tastes like shit.

Mike's pov

There's a knock on the door. I open it and Brantley grabs my shirt pulling me outside. "What's going on?" I gape. "I..... It was.... Horrible, Mike." "What happened? And where's Jason?!" "He.... Th-They killed Luke and Eric.... And they took Jason. I don't know where. But... We lost." He breaks down crying and I'm beyond shocked. What do I tell Sierra and the kids? And little Kelly. She's an orphan now.

Jason's pov

I think I've started to hallucinate from being in this dark room for so long. The door opens and I shield my eyes from the light. "Here." He sets another disgusting sandwich in front of me. I am not eating that anymore. I angrily throw it at him and he slams the door, trapping me in darkness again. I can't take it anymore! The door opens again and he throws a photograph down. I pick it up and let my eyes adjust. Horror fills me. It's a picture of Luke after he got his head bashed in. "It's your fault he's dead." Then he slams the door. I lay my head on my knees. Luke.... Eric.... They're both my fault. I cry hard into my knees.

*a few weeks later*

I heard the door close but I didn't hear the lock click. Luckily they undid the handcuffs awhile ago. I sneak over to the door and listen for footsteps. It's quiet out there. "I'm bustin' out." I whisper to myself. I open the door, wincing at the noise and sneak down the hall. Where the hell am I? I almost scream when someone grabs my shoulder. "You can't escape. Go back." The girl says. "Ain't no way in hell I'm going back." "It'll only be worse if you try to escape!" I glance over her shoulder. A door. I see light. Outside. I take off running and find several motorcycles. I run over and climb on one. I was about to start it when someone grabbed my arm. Shit! The guy that was bringing those sandwiches. Surrounded by a bunch of goons. There's no way I can fight them all off. I make a run for it but they corner me. "Fuck!" They freeze when we all hear footsteps. "Negan." I growl. He smiles. "Trying to escape are we?" I stay quiet. He turns to one of the guys. "Who are you?" He asks him. "Negan." He responds. What the? He asks that to everyone in the group and they all respond with the same thing. Negan. "You see, I'm everywhere. You can't escape. The only escape is death." He says swinging the bat. I scream and he stops it, inches from my face. Everyone laughs. I hit the wall behind me. "Leave me alone!" "Get him."

*3 days later*

I haven't tried to escape again because I know if I try the consequences will be deadly. I still have a limp after the last attack. The door opens. I look up at the door from the ground. "Get up." I shakily stand up and he grabs my shirt, putting a gun in my back. We walk down the hall to a room. Negan sat in a chair with that stupid bat and a glass of scotch. "What's your name?" He asks glaring hard at me. I know what he wants me to say. But I am not going to. I clench my fists. "My name is Jason." I growl. He laughs. "Man, stubborn as a mule." I will never give into this guy. I'll never be a little laggy in his gang. I will never help him after he murdered two of my closest friends and was an aid in my sister's murder. The other guy grabs my shirt again. "Go to hell you bastard." I whisper, forced back to the jail cell that is my life.