Chapter 34

Jason's pov

Alan and Miranda are watching the kids while me and Sierra have a date night. After dinner, I held her hand as we walked to the train yard. The stars were sparkling up above us. We sit on the hill. I'm so out of breath. "You okay?" "Yeah I just gotta catch my breath." Which isn't easy with a collapsed lung. Man I hate it. I can't do shows anymore til I get a new lung or I could collapse again. "Don't overexert yourself. If you're tired, tell me." "I'm fine hun." I say, wrapping an arm around her waist. I hear the clicks of the train below us. "It's beautiful." She whispers, lacing her fingers with mine. I smile. "Once the baby comes, we're all gonna go on vacation. We desperately need a break." "Oh Jason, I'd love that! Where are we going?" I shrug. "Haven't thought about it." She shivers. I wrap a blanket around her. "Ya always come prepared don't ya Jay?" I smile and kiss her forehead. "Always."

Miranda's pov

Anna and Thomas are asleep. Alan is getting Ben to go to sleep. He walks back out after doing that. "Hey hun, when the baby comes, what are we gonna name her?" He asks sitting beside me. I lay against him. "I don't know yet. Thanks for sticking by me like this. I've never known no one like you." He turns me around. "I love ya hun." He says. "I love you too." I say, tearing up. I hug him tight, crying. He rubs my back. "There there. It's okay." He whispers.

*later*

Alan's pov

She had fallen asleep when Jason and Sierra got home. "The kids are asleep." I say, standing up, holding Miranda bridal style. "Thanks for watchin' 'em." He says, smiling at Sierra and squeezing her shoulder. She smiles back.

Jason's pov

Ya know I'm really glad Miranda met Alan. Not many men would want to stay with a girl who is pregnant with someone else's kid. "Come on babe. Let's go up to bed."

*the next day*

I'm awoken to someone shaking me. "Wha! Huh?" I gape disoriented. "Jason, the doctor called! They have a lung for you!" My eyes go wide. "Oh my God!" I gasp gladly. My eyes landing on the damn oxygen tank that's been my constant companion. "Thank goodness! I'll be able to do shows again!" I gasp hugging her. "I'm so glad! I've been so worried the last few days." "Everything is gonna be okay now sweet girl." I say, kissing her forehead. She gets dressed and ready to go and I run down to Anna's room. "Baby girl wake up, y'all are gonna go to aunt Miranda's, daddy and mama have to go to the hospital." I say, shaking her awake. She yawns and sits up. I'm about to go wake the boys up when my phone rings. "Hello?" It's Alan. "Miranda went into labor. We're on the way to the hospital." Oh my goodness! "Ok. We'll be up there soon!" I hang up and run to our room. "Miranda went into labor!" I cry. Her eyes go wide. "Oh my goodness! What do we do with the kids then!? You have to have the surgery and she's having the baby!" "I'll call my mom! Maybe she can help." I say, pacing back and forth.

*later*

I can't believe the timing on this shit! I shakily wait for the doctor with Sierra. "I'm kinda nervous about the surgery. A lot could go wrong." She grabs my hands. "You can't worry about that. These doctors know what they're doing. You're gonna be okay and when you are, you'll get to see your niece too." I smile. "I sure will." I say, kissing her. Alan and Miranda walk in. "How's the contractions?" Sierra asks. "Painful. But I'm getting through it. I just can't wait to hold my little Jessica!" My eyes go wide. "You're naming her Jessica?" I ask, shakily. She nods. "What's wrong, Jason? You look like you've seen a ghost." "He's a little worried about the surgery." Sierra says. "My ex wife's name is Jessica." Both girls stare at me oddly. "Ex wife? You never told me you had an ex wife!" Sierra says. "Well it wasn't relevant. She left me for another man. In fact that's why I was in that a strip club that day. My friends wanted to get Jessica off my mind." Sierra sits beside me, wide eyed. "Wow. I never woulda guessed." "But baby it doesn't matter. I don't care about her! I love you! It just caught me off guard." "I can change the name if you want." I nod worriedly staring at Sierra. "You know I don't care about her anymore right?" "Yeah it's just... I didn't see that coming." Miranda grits her teeth as a contraction hits her hard. "Maybe you should lay down." Alan says. She nods. "See y'all soon." Right after she leaves the doctor comes in. "We're ready for you." I swallow nervously. "You're gonna be okay." She says, squeezing my hand, seeing the worry on my face. She kisses my cheek. "Ok let's do this."