Chapter 60

Jason's pov

Sierra hasn't stopped crying. It's been two weeks. Hearing her cry like that is killing me. I've never seen the kids so absent from life. It's like going through the motions but not really there. I walk upstairs, determination and anger filling me. I open the door. "Sierra." She was crying into a pillow. I shakily sit beside her. Staring down at the girl I love so much.... Something inside me snaps.

*later*

Luke's pov

I hope Jason's alright. I bet Sierra is too upset to function.

Jason's pov

"Kids, I know you're upset right now but I need y'all to take care of you mother and cousin." "Where are you going dad?" Ben asks. I stare at my closed bedroom door. "Revenge." I hug little Kelly. "I'll bring your daddy back. I promise." I kiss Sierra goodbye. She still hasn't moved. She didn't say anything when I said I'd get revenge. I was about to walk out when I heard her whisper my name. I run back to the bed. She grabs my shirt. "Make them pay, Jason. Make them all fucking pay." "I will baby girl." I walk out the front door, loaded down with every weapon I could fit in my truck. They're gonna pay. They're gonna fucking pay big time. They're gonna wish they never even met an Aldean. I call Luke's phone. "Give my brother back." I growl. "Come and get him." The voice on the other end says laughing. "Tell me where then, prick." He laughs even harder and tells me the destination. He thinks I'll die. Well he's got another thing coming. I drive over there and kick my truck door open. Two guards stand at the door. I'm not here just on a rescue mission. "I'm here to draw blood." I whisper. "And lots of it." The first guard walks over. "This is private property." "Oh yeah? Well I got a personal invite." "Oh really?" He raises an eyebrow not believing me. "Lemme see it!" I smile. "Right here." I growl stabbing him in the stomach with my knife. I grip his shirt, bringing him closer. "You're all gonna die." I whisper, digging the knife deeper. I drop him and the other guy raises his gun. I open the door to my truck and the bullets bounce off that. I grab my M80 and shoot the fucker to pieces. I load up my guns and ammo and I open the door.

Sierra's pov

I have to get up. As much as it kills me, I have to. I go downstairs. The kids are so down too. Thomas hugs me. "We love you mommy." He says. "I love you too baby boy." I fix food for them then collapse to the couch beside Kelly who's crying. I pick her up and hold her in my lap.

Jason's pov

There were about ten guards in this room. That means I'm getting close. I hide behind a pillar. "You guys fucked with the wrong redneck." I whisper, pulling out a grenade. I pull the pin, wait three seconds and toss it, exploding the group. One was still alive. I walk over, fury in my veins. "Kill me." He whispers on fire. "I'm not giving you any charity. Your people killed my sister and kidnapped my brother. You'll burn in hell worse than this." I growl walking over, leaving him begging for mercy. I have no more mercy.

Luke's pov

There's panic outside my jailcell door. The door opens and the guy that's been torturing me walks in. "He won't get passed me." He says into a radio. "Think again." I hear growled back. My eyes go wide. Jason. "Huh? Where's Tanner!" "Dead in a pool of blood by my hand you bastard. You're next. Ya better run." My God! He looks shocked. I'm shocked. My badass best friend is here to save me! "You killed my sister and took my brother. You're all gonna be dead. You can't run, you can't hide. I will find you."

Jason's pov

I stomp the walkie talkie and walk down the hall. I find the last bastard, looking shaken. He drops the walkie talkie. "Who is it?! I know you know!" He yells at Luke. "My best friend Jason Aldean. You're gonna wish you were dead when he gets through with you." I smile and kick the door open.

Luke's pov

He's covered in blood! He points a 12 gage at him. "You have five seconds to unchain him before things become ten times worse for you." He just laughs. "You can't do shit! My guards will-" "Your guards are dead. All of them." Now he looks scared. "What'll it be? Either way you're dead but if you don't let him go, I'll make sure you regret it." Ok now I'm scared. What the heck?! "Just try and stop me." The horrible man whispers. Jason smiles, rage in his eyes. "Wrong choice bastard." He growls, throwing a knife and it sticking into his shoulder. I don't think I've ever seen him so mad.

Jason's pov

I don't think I've ever been this mad. Coming face to face with my sister's murderer. "I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this." I rip the knife out, making him scream in pain. "You're dead!" I unshackle Luke and push him towards the door. "What's going on?!" He gasps. "Just go."

Luke's pov

"You don't wanna see this, man." I shakily walk out the door and lean against the wall. I hear my captor's painfilled screams. He walks back out. "Is she-" "Yeah man, she's dead." He whispers, grabbing my arm. "Let's go home."

*later*

We get back to Jason's house and my crying daughter. I pick her up. "Where's Jason?" Sierra asks, holding Kelsea in her lap. It is so weird to say this. "Hosing off in the backyard." I say, pointing. Sierra shudders. "Where's..... My.... Wife?" I shakily ask.

Jason's pov

I hear a truck start up. Probably Luke. I walk out front anyway. Sure enough it is Luke. "What are you doing?" "You know already what I'm doing." He says, his voice shaking. "Just wait a minute man. I'll go with you." He nods and I go back inside and get changed. I hear footsteps. "You did it?" I turn around. Sierra. "I did it baby." I hug her tight. "I love you." "I love you too." I quickly go back to Luke's truck. "Let's go."

Luke's pov

We get to the morgue. I bust out crying when I see her. "Her funeral is next week." Jason says, his voice cracks on the word funeral. "I can't believe she's dead." I whisper, horrified. "I was such a horrible husband." "Luke in the end you made up for it. You loved her and she loved you. Always know that, buddy." "I should've been better though." I whisper. "There's nothing you can do now, Luke." I shakily stand back up. "I can't believe you did all that."

Jason's pov

My chest tightens. "Revenge is a dark path." I shakily say. "Thank you." He says. I nod. He walks out. I stare down at my sister. "I'm sorry."